/ 05 /

Killer Carl

I sit at the kitchen table, eating my cereal, while Fiona rushes to make the lunches. We all know that the reason she is later this morning is because of Steve.

"By the way, it's parents night at school tonight." I tell Fiona.

"Wait really? Tonight?" She questions and I nod my head in reply.

"Okay, i'll call the school and tell them that Frank and Monica are sick with the flu and can't get out of bed or something." She says.

"There's enough hot water for at least one more shower." Steve tells everyone as he walks down the stairs.

Fiona had forgotten to pay the bill so now the electricity has been switched off.

"Alright Ian and Lip come on, we are already late for school, let's go! Hurry!" I tell them as I put on my jacket.

"Fiona don't forget to call the school!" I call out to her as I leave with Ian and Lip.

---

I'm sitting on the windowsill of the school's bathroom, beside Karen, while Lip and Ian stand in front of us.

After lighting the cigarette, I throw Lip's lighter back to him.

"So are you guys going to the parent-teacher conference?" Karen asks us.

"Hell no, you kinda need a parent for that one." I tell her as we laugh.

"You just make up an excuse every year." Lip says.

Mandy then walks into the bathroom.

We never actually talk about what happens, we almost act as if it never even happened.

"There you guys are, here pass me that" She says as she takes the cigarette out of my hand and take a puff of it.

"Got an A on that paper you wrote me Lip." Mandy smiled.

"Happy to help." He says.

"Got that stupid fucking parents thing tonight, dad isn't even making an attempt to go, says he's sick of it." Mandy says as she climbs up and sits beside me.

"Join the Gallagher club." Ian joked.

"It's a bunch of bullshit anyways." Karen says as Mandy agrees.

---

After school, Ian is working a shift so I went to go and see him, hoping not to walk in on him and Kash with each other's tongues halfway down their throats.

When I walk in I see Mickey with a box filled with food. "Oh heads up man, you're out of bqq pringles." He says to Mickey.

"Mickey's the one taking the free shit?" I said, looking at Kash.

"Oh hey Morgs" Mickey says casually when he sees me.

I take a $10 note out of my pocket and give it to Kash.

"Make that your last time Mick." I say to him but he just smirks and walks out.

"Hey, did Mickey pay for that?" Ian comes walking out, holding a box.