/ 20 /

Fiona Interrupted

I stare at the ceiling, unable to sleep. The image of Monica constantly replaying in my head.

"Morgan." I hear Debbie say. "Are you awake?"

I sit up and see her standing beside my bed.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"I tried to find Fiona but she wasn't here and I don't want to be alone." She says.

I move over in my bed, letting her sit beside.

She sits down and buries her face into my neck as tear stream down her face.

Carl then gets out of bed and stares at us.

I reach out my other arm and let him sit at the other side of me.

I wrap my arms tightly around him and Debbie.

Ian is now also awake. He sits up on his hes and just watches us.

Debbie's sobs only get louder and louder and I can hear Carl sniff.

"It's okay." I whisper as I wipe each of their tears away. "It's going to be okay."

I place a kiss on the top of both of their heads.

---

I wake up the next morning and see that Carl and Debbie are still fast asleep on my bed.

I didn't want to leave Debbie on her own and Carl fell asleep in my arms so I let them both stay on my bed.

I quietly creep out of bed, trying not to disturb them, and then walk downstairs.

"Is Debbie and Carl still asleep on your bed?" Fiona asks.

"Yeah." I tell her.

"Are they okay?" She then asks.

"Just a tough night." I answer. "Debbie was looking for you, where were you?"

"Out with Jimmy." Fiona says.

"Probably wasn't the best night to go out when Debbie and Carl needed you." I say to her.

"How was I meant to know that they weren't going to be able to sleep?" She asks.

"Well, maybe because they had just seen their own mother slit her wrists, but who knows?" I sarcastically say to her.

"Stop with the attitude." Fiona tells me as I roll my eyes.

I put on my shoes and open the door.

"Where are you going?" Fiona asks.

"Same place where you were last night, out." I say to her before leaving.

---

"Are you seriously crashing on the Milkovich's couch?" I ask Lip when I see him.

I was over at Mandy's house, hoping to be alone with her.