/ 32 /

There's the Rub

I'm sat on the couch while Debbie does some type of arts and crafts, and Carl counts his armpit hairs.

Lip then walks in through the door. "Hey."

"No way! Lip, you're home!" Debbie gets up to hug him.

"Thought it was time I stopped by, check in." He says.

"How are the coeds?" Carl asks.

"Oh, it varies by coed." Lip answers, he then looks over at Debbie's art. "What's this?"

"Creepy art she's making because her boyfriend dumped her." Carl tells him.

"Boyfriend?" Lip looks over at me and I nod.

"I'm expressing myself creativity." Debbie says but Carl just laughs.

"Why are you laughing? You're the one who is counting their underarm hair with a mirror." I say to him.

"Check it out, I have four new ones." He shoves his armpit into my face.

"Get the fuck away from me." I laugh as I push him away.

Sheila then walks in. "Phillip! How nice! No one told me you'd be home."

"Sheila, what are you doing here?" He asks.

"Good question." Carl says.

"Well, Fiona is at work, and then she has a barbecue at Mike's house, and I said I'd be happy to watch Debbie, Carl and Liam." She tells him.

The timer of the microwave then pings. "That would be my succotash. Hold on." Sheila walks back into the kitchen.

"Hey, have you guys heard anything from Ian?" Lip asks.

"Not for weeks. And Fiona doesn't even care." Debbie says.

"What about the U.S. Army? You hear anything from them?" He asks.

"No." We all shake our heads.

"Why the Army?" Debbie questions.

"Because Ian joined up." Lip tells us.

"Cool." Carl smirks.

"He used my name and social when he signed up, and then he tried to steal a helicopter and a bunch of other shit. Went AWOL." Lip says.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Two Army officials came to see me today." Lip nods.

"Does Fiona know?" Debbie asks.

"No, do you know when she will be back?" Lip asks.

"She doesn't always come home." Debbie answers. "Lots of Morgan and Sheila babysitting."

"You could call her." Carl suggests.

"No, it's not really the kind of news you wanna deliver on the phone." Lip says. "Is that your boyfriend with the toothpicks in his head?"