/ 60 /

Ride or Die / Happily Ever
After

When I open my eyes, there's a loud rattling sound and a slight shaking motion.

I sit up and look around, realising that I'm on a train.

I wince and rub my eyes as the bright sun shines directly through the window.

When I look down I notice that I have a neon green paper wristband on, meaning I spent the night partying, which explains the awful headache.

I look out the window once again and realise that I don't really recognise where I am.

"Hey, sir, are we on the north side?" I ask the man who's sat near me.

He looks me up and down with disgust, before returning his attention back to his newspaper.

"Fuck me." I sigh and throw my head back.

After what seems forever, the train finally stops at the south side again and I get off.

I'm almost at the house when I see Monica and Frank walking towards me.

"Hey." Monica smiles.

"Shit." I mutter.

"Awh, honey. You look like shit." She says as I get closer.

"Looking like a chip off the old block there, kid." Frank chuckles.

"Did you go on a bender alone?" Monica questions.

"Fuck off." I respond.

Monica follows me up to the front steps, "Booze bums you out. Change chemicals. Next time we'll all get shitfaced together."

"I'd rather drink my own piss." I reply.

"Try a speedball after a bender. Next day, you'll be moving like a pro." Frank laughs.

I open the door and walk into the house, slamming it shut again after me.

---

Less than an hour later, I walk into Patsy's, even though I'm already twenty minutes late for my shift.

As I make my way into the back, I can see Mandy closely watching me.

As soon as I put on an apron and pick up a pile of dishes, I accidentally drop the plates, causing them all to smash and break.

As I reach down to clean it up, I end up cutting my hand, "Ow, fuck!"

I walk over to the first aid kit and open it. And what a surprise, a bunch of scattered plasters fall out.

As I bend down to pick them up, Ari, an other waitress, comes over and helps.

"Thank you." I say.

"Rough night?" She questions.

"That is a massive understatement." I respond before asking, "Have you got anything? Adderall? Weed?"