/ 27 /

Frank the Plumber

"Fiona, you're going to be late for your first day." Debbie says to her as she rushes downstairs.

"I have nothing to wear." Fiona picks up one of the waffles off my plate. "Gonna see what V has."

"Is your new job at a strip club?" Lip asks.

Fiona forces a fake laugh.

"I wasn't joking." Lip says.

"It's a temp office job." Fiona tells him. "I don't know how long the day is gonna be. I expect you all to help Jimmy with the dinner, get all your homework done, and avoid setting the house on fire."

"Overcompensating." Ian says.

"She feels guilty for turning us into latchkey kids." I joke.

Fiona slaps the back of both our heads.

"What's a latchkey kid?" Carl asks just as Mandy walks through the door.

"Hey." Fiona says to her while I keep my head down and avoid eye contact.

"I left some stuff here that I need." Mandy walks upstairs.

"Is it wrong if I just leave for school?" I ask Ian.

The look on his face tells me his answers.

"Got it." I sigh as I get up and walk upstairs.

I walk into my room and find Mandy packing some of her clothes.

"Did you mean everything you said?" She asks.

"No." I answer.

She turns around to look at me. "Well, how much of it did you mean?"

"I don't know. I mean, I meant a little bit of it. You know, I think there is some things that we could stand to talk about." I tell her. "But mostly I-"

"Was in Bitchland?" She interrupts.

"Not really my choice of words." I say.

"Why is your profile picture on Facebook a picture of you, Lip, and Karen, when you know I don't like her?" Mandy asks.

"I don't know, it was just a random photo I had." I laugh. "Mandy I barely even go on Facebook because I don't give a shit about whose pet just died, or who just checked in at fucking McDonald's."

Mandy turns around and smiles. She then walks over kisses me.

"She's a skanky, manipulative bitch. You should unfriend her on everything." She says as she steps back again.

"Also I got you an appointment with the tutor at school. Help you boost your grades." She smiles.

"Wait, what?" I stare at her.

"You're welcome." She kisses my cheek before walking out. "Come on, I can't be late today."

"Wait, no, Mandy!" I quickly rush after her.