/ 45 /

Uncle Carl

As soon as I walk into the house, Debbie wraps her arms around me. "Morgan! Where the hell have you been?"

After waking up in a random house, I figured I must've spent the entire weekend getting wasted.

"Uh, sorry. I was at a friend's house." I lie.

"Jesus, Morgan, we've been worried sick." Sammi is changing a bandage on Frank's shoulder.

"I never even noticed you were gone." Frank says.

"Thanks, Frank." I sarcastically reply. "What happened to your arm?"

"My mom shot him." Chuckie answers.

I walk over and take a look at his arm. "I think it's infection."

"Yeah, might need to go back to the hospital." Sammi agrees.

"Hey, look who's home!" Fiona and Lip walk in, Ian following them.

Shit, I was meant to go with Fiona and Mickey to visit Ian.

"Ian!" We all smile.

"Morgan, where the fuck you were?" Fiona's pulls me into a hug. "I was close to calling the cops."

"I was out with some friends." I use the same lie.

"And you couldn't call?" She questions.

"I'm sorry." I then go over and quickly hug Ian.

"It's like a great big family reunion." Sammi smiles. "There's more than enough food for everyone, okay?"

"Hey, you want some coffee, Ian?" Lip asks.

"Oh, no. I'm tired. I just need to lay down for a bit." Ian then walks up to his room.

"He's totally Monica." Debbie says as soon as he's gone.

"Without the great ass." Frank mutters.

"He's just overmedicated for now, Debs. Don't worry, I'm moving back in for a while. Gonna keep an eye on him." Fiona reassures her.

"Uh, I don't understand. I got this now, and I thought you were married." Sammi says.

"I am, but family comes first." She responds.

"You got married?" Frank questions.

"But your husband is your family." Sammi replies.

"Okay, fine, but Gus is going on tour with his band, so it only-"

"Oh, my God." Sammi interrupts. "You can't let him go on tour without you."

"Wait, did you really get married?" Frank asks. When nobody answers, I nod my head, giving him the answer.

Sammi walks over and covers Chuckie's ears with her hands. "Fiona, in my younger days, I slept with every member of the Guns 'n' Roses cover band Buns 'n' Hoses."

"And that would matter to me why?" Fiona laughs.

"Because they all had wives they left back at home. I am telling you, the 1,000 mile rule, that's real." Sammi says.