nine

Reese Joseph

Reese Joseph

I fucking hated the fact that I had to actually do school work.

And I hated, even more, the fact that I couldn't understand what the fuck I was learning.

I had to work ten times harder than everyone else for every single thing that I wanted. I never was looking for an excuse because I've never been the type of man to walk away from a challenge. However, it's frustrating when you see everyone else around you having things come so easily to them.

I was jealous of them.

I was known as a party animal. I was known as the happy one. I was known as the nice guy.

But mainly I partied because I could fit in with the crowd, not stand out. And maybe that's why I became even more jealous of Matti and Blake. Because they didn't have to follow the crowd—I did.

And now I was finally the leader.

And I would do anything to stay in that spot—even if it meant swallowing my pride and having a tutor.

"Reese," I rolled my eyes at coach as he gave me a small smile.

"Yes?" I asked.

Pleased with my response he sat up. "The frown makes your face look ten times uglier than usual. Quit that. It's a tutor, it's not the end of the world." He crossed his arms over his chest as I scoffed.

"First of all if I would've known that you were checking me out I would've blown you a kiss." He raised an eyebrow at me as I pointed my finger at him.

"Second of all, what might not be a big deal to you is a huge deal to me, okay? This whole tutoring thing? Yeah, it's embarrassing. It's embarrassing because I know if I wasn't dyslexic I wouldn't need the damn tutor. But since I've been cursed with this damn hindrance, I am now stuck in a hard place." I explained.

Reaching for his coffee mug, or at least I thought it was coffee, he took a long sip before sighing.

Placing the mug down on his desk, he clapped his hands. "I've got it!" He shouted in excitement as I flinched at his loud voice.