twenty-four

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

Something just– snapped.

There are times in our lives when we just feel like we need to stop. A mental break or just the need to recoup and rest. I had been resting my entire life while those around me had made sure to work extra hard to make life shit for me.

I remember as a little girl I would go to church. Sunday school was my favorite thing to go to because we always got juice boxes and cheese crackers for attending. There was a room full of homemade toys and everyone there was just happy because they were essentially dropped off by their parents to be left in the hands of teenagers who were supposed to teach us about Jesus.

I remember kicking and screaming every single Sunday morning that I was thrown into a white dress and I would be forced to go into the church, greet everyone, learn about Jesus and leave.

I had read many books before.

But the bible was by far the longest I had read.

There I learned the seven sins.

As a Christian girl, I swore that I would never break those sins– but here I was today, I broke nearly all of them but I wasn't dead– yet.

As I speed-walked my way back to the jeep I couldn't help but just want to set fire to the world.

I deserved better.

I was so much better than half of the people on this fucking campus.

As I was walking past the building that I would've had my British literature class in, I paused as I saw the bitch who threw her coffee at me this morning.

But more importantly, I saw my brother with a huge smile on his face talking to her.

My head was telling me to continue my journey back to Camille but my body was marching its way towards them. I approached them like I had a fire under my ass, and fuck I might have. I was going to kill this bitch.

As soon as Penn saw me– and saw my face, his eyes widened.

I was going in for blood.

"Hey sis–" I cut him off reaching from his protein shake. I quickly opened the lid before throwing it all over the bitch who he was just smiling about.