sixty-four

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

    I hadn't ever once thought of an English word that I had hated to read but now– I fucking hated the word 'waiting'. Why wait? Seriously? Why the hell are we waiting? I mean, I don't mean waiting, but why wait?

I sat at the edge of Mitch's bed, as I did for the last week. I would bring a book with me to read after I told him about my day. I know every single nurse by their first name and it's become a habit of mine to memorize their schedules too.

He was progressing and that was good. He was set to wake up soon but we had to wait. Never ever again do I think I will allow myself to wait for anything ever again. I had so much to catch Mitch up on.

Like the fact that I had started to paint my nails again.

For the last week, life had been anything but ordinary. I would go to class, go to the hospital, go home– get railed, go to bed, and wake up, and get railed again. It was horrible, it was like the flood gate opened and Reese and I just could not stop. We couldn't get enough of each other.

Everything about him was addicting. The way he sounded when he would finish. The way his body felt against me when he was hard. The way he wouldn't stop placing kisses all over my body. The way he just–loved me unconditionally.

If this was what living and breathing were like then I feel like I am a felon after trying to take myself away from this glorious life.

Everyone went home later that night after we all hung out and spoke about the situation. I hugged Blake the longest as I knew he was the person I was most thankful for. The entire time I swallowed the tears that wanted to come up.

But then I told myself that the only other people who were crying were Naomi and Natalie– and it just was not worth it for me to be crying. I didn't want to cry, and I most definitely just wanted to spend time with Reese.

I always thought I knew how easy it would be to be with him, but I never thought it would be this easy. Being with him was the kind of easy that a smart kid had going to take an exam that they didn't even study for. Being with him was like rain clouds and dark skies. Being with him was like a plant and the sun.