ten

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

I was pissed at the fact that my grandparents were making me work to pay them back when I could have the money I spent wired to their bank account if they would just let Matti pay them for me.

What they don't realize that they are doing is just driving me to want to leave even sooner.

Today was not my average day.

It was my first day off from college, and I was waking up at the ass crack of dawn to work with a student who needed to be tutored. I hoped that it wasn't one of those dumb girls who made fun of me in high school but they needed to pass a class to rush for their dream sororities.

Or even worse, I prayed it wasn't an athlete who expected me to do all of their work while they spent their time at practice.

I knew what the athletes around here did, I knew they paid people to do their homework. It couldn't have been an athlete. But it most certainly could be a sorority sister. If word got out that someone trying to rush a sorority was paying someone to do their homework—world war three would break out.

As long as this person was hardworking and somewhat enjoyable, I would entertain the idea of this. Well, it's not like I had the choice. But, maybe if I liked the person I would be a good tutor.

But to be honest, I would rather drop dead than do this.

Working during college is not fun.

My already slim mental health is about to collapse at the idea of staying up late at night to help someone study when I need to sleep or do my work. If I overwork myself, I'm going to deteriorate even more.

I understood what I did was wrong.

I should've never stolen their credit card numbers.

Okay, but if Grandma and Grandpa opened their eyes they would see that the world in front of me was gas and I was a match ready to be lit.

Many things gave me anxiety and the first being in my past will always come back to haunt me. For example, my name and who I am related to. It makes me tell lies and I tell a lot of lies.