sixteen

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

I chewed on the end of my pen as my books were spread out across my lap. I had to catch up on my homework since I had no time to do it tonight. If I was tutoring a student, I had to at least seem like I was the responsible one.

But it seemed like no matter how many answers I wrote down, I had to erase them a million times.

I had always gotten into trouble for my daydreaming. But I guess when you have always wanted to be somewhere else, you start thinking you actually are.

"Ellie,"

As the music of Taylor Swift blared through my earphones it was like my dopamine levels were bursting off of the radars. Nothing could break my joy today or tonight. I was on top of the moon. First, Penn did secure the bag and get us seltzers as he promised.

At least if he broke his promises he could buy my feelings back.

Of course, he came over with a look on his face, he made sure to not hand the seltzers over until I promised not to fuck another teammate of his but little did he know, I already had.

I mean, actually, I had been fucked by his teammates multiple times if you count being fucked over.

Because that's what Penn State boys do best right? Fuck women who are much better than they are- over.

"El,"

I mean if I had a dime for every time I went to a party and I had been groped, I wouldn't have needed to use my parents for the money to pay back grandma and grandpa. The boys here were notorious for being just horrible humans.

But it was everyone's dream to date a college football player—I mean—wouldn't you want to date someone who was hot and successful and that everyone wanted?

I didn't.

In fact, I think Blaire is the only person I had ever met to be fascinated with the entire athlete persona. I mean, maybe it was because I was so used to it—but I didn't want someone who acted like my brother.