thirty-nine

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

When you sit next to a boy, an extremely cute boy– you want to be as subtle as possible. You don't want to swallow too loud, you don't want your stomach to growl, and you want to try to limit yourself from doing as much activity as possible.

At least that is what I have gotten from this moment.

In the books and movies, they make it seem like being in close contact with boys shouldn't make you feel nervous or anxious. But being around Reese Joseph made me feel like a bright flashlight was shining on me.

I'm not saying that you should act like a statue when you're next to a man. But with any person you like obviously, you don't want to embarrass yourself.

So as if he had never seen me naked, and I had never seen him naked, I sat next to him watching the episode that was about end. His arm that was behind my head and wrapped around my shoulder as if he owned my body, stayed there the entire episode.

His legs were crossed at one point while I sat tucked into his side, awkwardly.

But that's what we were like together– we were fucking awkward.

Who would have thought– the biggest party boy at Penn State and the girl who sat at the front of the class quietly and went throughout her day with her head down.

Every time he shuffled, my breath would hitch.

Was he freaking out too?

I didn't even want to look over at Blaire and Monty. I knew Monty was going to have a field day over this and I knew Blaire would be the same way. I hope that Blaire would keep her mouth shut about this because the last thing I want is for everyone to know that I was the snack that Monty Kennedy brought home for Reese Joseph.

"Thank you for picking me up last night," I whispered.

"Oh fuck, they about to fuck–" Monty laughed as the screen showed the couple getting closer to each other during their kiss. Monty and Blaire's eyes were glued to the screen, attached unhealthily as I couldn't seem to understand why.