time flies

everleigh is now 3 years old. she has grown very attached to her parents. she loves them to death as much as they love her.

"momma!" everleigh yells out.
"coming sweetheart!" norma yells back.
norma goes up to everleigh's room but she doesn't see everleigh in there.
"everleigh? where are you?" norma yells with worry in her voice.
"your room."

norma goes into her room.
"who is this?" everleigh asks norma while showing her a picture.
norma sits next to everleigh on the bed. norma looks at the picture and it feels like there's a pit in her stomach.
"that's norman."
"who's norman?" everleigh asks.
"he's my other son." norma sighs.
"oh." everleigh whispers.
"he moved away a few months ago." norma tells everleigh.
norma starts sniffling while thinking about norman.
"are you ok momma?" everleigh asks concerned.
"yeah." a tear escapes norma's eye.
everleigh then climbs into norma's lap. she snuggles into her.
"i love you baby." norma kisses everleigh's forehead.
"i love you too."

alex comes home from work and everleigh runs downstairs to great her father.
"daddy!" everleigh yells as she hugs alex's legs.
"hey jellybean." alex picks everleigh up.
norma walks into the room with a big smile plastered on her face.

"you two are so cute together." norma smiles.
alex places everleigh back down. everleigh runs over to her mother. alex also walks over and he kisses norma.
"ewww." everleigh says while watching her parents kiss as a joke.
"come here you little stinker!" alex play yells.
everleigh starts to run away but alex catches up. he pulls her closer and starts tickling her. everleigh starts laughing out of control. alex lets her go and she smiles at him.

the family sat down at the dinner table. norma made spaghetti and meatballs, everleigh's favorite. everleigh quickly eats.
"can i go play now?" everleigh asks.
"sure." norma tells everleigh.
everleigh leaves the table and she rushes upstairs. everleigh goes into her room and she plays with her barbies.

at 8:30 norma and alex go upstairs to check on everleigh. they see her still playing with barbies.
"it's bedtime jellybean." alex tells everleigh.
"can you both read me a story?" everleigh asks.
"sure sweetheart." norma picks everleigh up.
she places her in bed.

alex and norma lay beside each side of everleigh. alex reads the book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. everleigh snuggles closer to alex. norma lays her arm around everleigh's waist.

it doesn't take long until everleigh is fast asleep. norma and alex slowly get out of bed so they don't wake everleigh up. they successfully leave without waking their daughter.

they both got ready for bed. they both climb into bed. a hour after they fall asleep, everleigh comes into their room crying.
"momma." everleigh whispers as her voice breaks.
norma stirs awake.
"what are you doing honey?" norma asks.
"i had a nightmare." everleigh cries.
norma heart breaks when she saw her child crying so she let her climb in bed between her and alex.

the family finally is all sleeping.

the next morning alex leaves for work and norma starts making breakfast. everleigh sleeps soundly in bed.

norma finishes making breakfast so she goes upstairs to wake up everleigh.
"wake up sweetheart." norma lightly shakes everleigh.
everleigh slowly wakes up.
"breakfast time honey." norma tells everleigh.
"can you carry me?" everleigh asks.
"sure." norma says as she picks up her half asleep child.

norma places everleigh in one of the kitchen seats. she then places everleigh's food in front of her. everleigh eats slowly. the two finish eating. norma starts doing the dishes and everleigh just sits in her seat.

"what do you want to do today honey?" norma asks everleigh.
"is emma here?" everleigh asks.
"she should be." norma answers.
"can we see her?"
"sure."

they walk down to the motel and they go into the office. there emma is sitting down at the desk.
"hey emma." norma greets emma.
"hey norma, hey everleigh." emma greets the mother and daughter.
"everleigh wanted to come down and hangout for a little." norma tells emma.
"that's fine with me."

everleigh goes over to emma and emma places everleigh on her lap. everleigh lays her head back on emma. norma sits in another chair slightly behind emma and everleigh.

dylan then bursts through the door.
"hey emma." dylan greets his girlfriend.
"hey dylan."
norma gets up and she hugs her son. everleigh hops down from emma's lap and she hugs dylan's legs.
"hey everleigh and norma."

everyone talks for a little before emma and dylan leave for the day. norma and everleigh goes back to the house. shortly after, alex comes home just in time for dinner. the family sits together and enjoys their dinner.