Why Didn't You Tell Me?

Alex and Norma go into their bedroom.
"Goodnight." Norma kisses Alex on the cheek.
"Before you go to bed..." Alex pauses, "Why didn't you tell me what was in that package?"
"I didn't want you to worry."
"Cut the bullshit Norma!" Alex loses his temper.
"I'm not lying!" Norma yells back.
"Tell me the truth!" Alex yells too.
"Ok fine! I didn't want to believe it was even true! I wish Norman would leave our daughter alone! I hate him so much! I don't want to admit that our daughter is in danger!" Norma shouts back.
"You should've told me the minute you opened that package!" Alex shouts in frustration as he starts to leave the room.

"Please come back Alex!" Norma shouts at Alex. She runs after Alex.
"I'm sorry!" Norma yells apologetically.
Alex stops in his tracks and Norma turns him around. Norma quickly pulled Alex into a hug.
"I'm so sorry." Norma sobs in Alex's shoulder.
"No I'm sorry..." Alex pauses, "For running out like that."
Alex and Norma just stay in a hug in front of the stairs.

"Am i in danger?" Everleigh's voice is shaky with terror.
Alex and Norma quickly turn towards Everleigh.
"No honey." Norma says as she goes up the stairs and she hugs Everleigh.
"Norman wants me dead." Everleigh says as more as a statement than a question.
"You heard?" Norma asks.
"Yes I heard you and dad yelling at each other." Everleigh says.
"Well we're not gonna let Norman hurt you." Alex says sternly.
Everleigh nods and they all go into a group hug.
"Now go to bed." Alex tells Everleigh.
Everleigh goes upstairs.

The next morning, Everleigh goes downstairs to the kitchen. She sees Alex and Norma cooking together happily like they didn't just read that Norman wants her dead. Everleigh plays it off and she goes over to them.
"Good morning." Everleigh tells her parents.
"Good morning sweetheart." Norma says as she squeezes Everleigh into the side of her body.
"Good morning jellybean." Alex says to Everleigh too.
"Whatcha making?" Everleigh asks.
"Pancakes." Norma says.
Everleigh nods and sits down at the table.

Norma and Alex finished making the pancakes. Norma sets Everleigh's plate in front of her.
"Thanks." Everleigh mutters.
"Your welcome." Norma smiles at Everleigh.
They all eat in silence. Everleigh finished and went upstairs. Norma and Alex clean the dishes. 

"So what's your plan on keeping Everleigh safe?" Norma asks Alex.
"Well first Norman is gonna be on a 24 hour watch. No matter what, when you're home with just Everleigh never leave her side. And same if I was alone with her. I will keep a deputy on a 24 hour watch over the house. We are gonna lock all the windows and doors every night. With these all in place there's a slim chance he can get in." Alex explains.
"A slim chance?" Norma asks.
"There's no way to completely prevent him from escaping and coming here. You know how Norman is." Alex explains
"Yeah." Norma mutters.

Meanwhile when Norma and Alex were talking, Everleigh was in their room looking for the package Norman sent.
"Found it!" Everleigh shouts quietly.
Everleigh pulls the package out of under the bed. She reads the letter and a tear escapes her eye. She starts to look through the pictures.
"Omg." Everleigh whispers in shock.

Suddenly, Everleigh hears the door open. Everleigh quickly pushes the package under the bed.
"What are you doing Everleigh?" Alex asks.
"Um I was looking for my phone. I think I left it here when I came to talk to mom." Everleigh lies.
"I just saw it on your bed." Norma says.
"When?" Everleigh asks.
"Right before we came in here." Norma explains.
"Oh yeah I put it there." Everleigh says.

"Well we have to talk." Norma says as she sits down on the bed.
"Come sit down." Norma tells Everleigh.
Everleigh sits down next to Norma. Alex sits down next to Everleigh.
"We are going to have a deputy stay outside of our house. For 24 hours every day. Norman will be on a 24 hour watch in prison. We will lock the windows and doors every night. When your dad or I am home alone with you, we will not take you out of our sight. Do you understand?" Norma explains.
"Why are you doing all of this?" Everleigh pretends not to know.
"Norman sent as a letter and it said that we better keep you in sight because if not he will kill you." Norma explains.
"Oh." Everleigh says in shock.

Norma hugs Everleigh tightly.
"We just want to protect you." Norma whispers.
"I know mom." Everleigh whispers.
Norma let's go of Everleigh. Alex rubs Everleigh's back.
"Norman isn't gonna get away with this." Alex tells Everleigh.
"I promise jellybean." Alex says.