The New School

Alex, Norma, and Everleigh agreed that it would be best if Everleigh changes schools. Today is Everleigh's first day at the new school.

Norma drops Everleigh off. She goes inside of school. Everleigh finds her locker. She gets her things for class, but when she closed her locker there was a group of girls behind it.
"So. We have a new girl." The front girl said intimidating.
"Um yeah I'm new." Everleigh says with a smile.
"Well just so you know. I'm Hailey this is Katie and this is Ariana and you don't wanna mess with us. Or our boyfriends. George, Dave, and Blake. If you do... you'll know what's gonna happen." Hailey says still being intimidating.
Everleigh nods.
"Hey!" Everleigh hears a girl yell from behind her.
Everleigh turns around.
"Leave the poor girl alone." The other girl says.
"What are you gonna do? Bite me?" Hailey says.
"How about you get your disgusting preppy selves out of here? That's would be the easy way. Unless you want to go the hard way." The girl says intimidating.
Hailey sighs and stares at the other girl with hatred.
"Fine we'll leave but we're not finished with you." Hailey says snarky.
The group of girls leave.

"I'm sorry you had to be greeted by those assholes." The girl apologizes.
"Oh it's ok." Everleigh brushed it off.
"I'm Rylee by the way." Rylee introduces herself.
"I'm Everleigh." Everleigh introduces herself too.
"You won't have to deal with them as long as you have me." Rylee smirks.
"Thank you."
"Where you heading?" Rylee asks.
"Mrs. Jones Chemistry class." Everleigh mutters.
"Oh me too!" Rylee says excitedly.
"That's great!" Everleigh also says excitedly.
They both walk together to chemistry.

Chemistry ends and Everleigh has to go to Math and Rylee has to go to History.
"Meet me at lunch!" Rylee shouts to Everleigh as she walks to history. Everleigh nods.

After their class, they meet up at the cafeteria. They both get their food.
"You have to meet my friends." Rylee says.
Rylee leads Everleigh over to her friend group.
"Everyone meet Everleigh." Rylee introduces Everleigh. Everleigh just smiles and waves.
"So, this is Camille, this is Jonathan, this is Kelly, this is Tia, this is Brian, and this is Donny." Rylee introduces her friends.
"Hi." Everleigh says to everyone. Everleigh and Rylee sit down at the table.

"So where you from new girl?" Donny asks.
"Oh I'm from White Pine Bay." Everleigh responds.
"Why are you coming to this school? Why don't you just got to the other school? It's probably closer to your house then this one." Tia asks confused.
"Well I did go there. There was this guy that was being a dick to me every way possible. My parents and I decided it was for the better to change schools." Everleigh explains.
"Who's your parents?" Kelly asks.
"My mom is Norma Bates and my dad is Alex Romero." Everleigh says.
"Like the Norma Bates that runs Bates Motel? And the Alex Romero that is the sheriff?" Kelly asks.
"Yep." Everleigh nods.
"That's cool." Brian butts in.
"Who was being a dick to you?" Rylee asks.
"Oh this guy named Jackson Hughs." Everleigh says.
"Oh ok." Rylee says.
The bell rings for the next class. They both go to computer class.

It was the end of the day and Norma picks up Everleigh.
"How was your first day sweetheart?" Norma asks.
"It was amazing." Everleigh says with a big smile.
"That's great." Norma smiles back.
"There was this group of popular girls and they were messing with me but then this girl, Rylee, came and made them leave me alone. Rylee became my friend. We have most classes together. At lunch Rylee introduced her friends. There was Brian, Camille, Tia, Donny, Jonathan, and Kelly. They're all really nice. Camille, Rylee and me have a lot of classes together. I have one class with Donny and Tia too. Jonathan and I don't have classes together. Kelly is in 2 of my classes." Everleigh explains.
"They seem really nice." Norma says.
"They were surprised when I told them that you were my mom and that the sheriff was my dad." Everleigh smiles again.
Norma giggles. They finally get to the motel.

Alex is already there because he got of duty early.
"Hey dad." Everleigh says as she walks into the house.
"Hey jellybean. How was school?" Alex asks.
"It was amazing." Everleigh smiles.
"That's great!" Alex exclaims.
"I made a lot of new friends." Everleigh says as she sits next to her dad.
Alex puts his arm around Everleigh.
"That's good kiddo. Just no parties this time." Alex says.
"I know." Everleigh mutters when she thinks about what happened.
Alex moves closer to Everleigh.
"I'm sorry." Alex mutters when he notices Everleigh's happiness go down.
"It's ok dad." Everleigh rests her head on Alex's shoulder.
"I love you dad." Everleigh says with tears in her eyes.
"I love you too jellybean." Alex says as he wipes Everleigh's tears.

Norma comes inside the house.
"What happened? Did I miss something?" Norma asked when she sees Everleigh crying.
"Every things ok Norma." Alex assures Norma.
Alex and Everleigh get up off the couch and they go over to Norma. Alex kisses Norma.
"Ewww." Everleigh says through her tears while giggling a little . She used to do that all the time.
"Come here you little stinker." Alex says.
Everleigh starts to run away but Alex catches her.
"Gotcha!" Alex exclaims. He pulls Everleigh into a hug.
Everleigh smiles. Alex starts to tickle Everleigh.
"Stop dad." Everleigh says through laughs.
"Never." Alex whispers.
He keeps tickling her but he then finally stops.

Norma walks over to them in the living room.
"You two are too funny." Norma giggles. She pulls them into a group hug.