The Package

The next morning, Norma goes outside to get the mail. She sees a random package with her name on it. She brings it inside.
"Did either of you order something under my name?" Norma asks Alex and Everleigh.
"I didn't." Alex says.
"Me neither." Everleigh says.
Norma nods then she brings the package upstairs.

She goes back downstairs. She sees Alex and Everleigh sitting together on the couch talking.
"Hey." Norma says as she sits next to Everleigh.
"What was in the package?" Alex asks.
"I didn't open it yet. I was planning on opening it later." Norma says.
"Oh ok." Alex says.
Norma turns on the tv. She finds a show. Everleigh and Alex agree with what she chose. The three of them watched tv.

After a few hours, Norma turns off the tv and goes to make lunch. Alex goes to help. Everleigh goes upstairs to her room. While upstairs, Everleigh texts Sophia.

E: hey Soph
S: hey Ev
E: I've missed you
S: same
E: I wish I didn't have to change schools
S: same but I understand why you did
E: the only thing I miss about that school is you
E: we have to hangout soon
S: maybe this weekend
E: I should be free
S: sounds good
E: bye love you 😽
S: bye ilyt 😽

Norma and Alex finished cooking so Norma told Everleigh that lunch is ready. Everleigh goes downstairs and she it's down at the table to eat.
After Everleigh's done eating she goes back up to her room. She starts watching tv in her room.

Alex goes to his office to get some paperwork done. Norma goes into her room to open the package.

She opens it quietly so Everleigh can't hear her. Norma first sees a card. She opens the card. She reads it and she notices that it was from...

Norman

The card said that he was coming for Everleigh. It also said that it's not safe for her to be alone and to keep your eyes on her 24/7. Norma closes the card quickly when she reads that.

Norma keeps going through the package. The rest of the package was pictures of Alex, Everleigh, and Norma together with Everleigh's face scribbled out with red and exes over her eyes.

Norma gasps and she quickly puts away the package. Tears start to run down her face. She doesn't know what to do. She wants to tell Everleigh and Alex but she doesn't want them to worry. Norma decides to keep it to herself.

Everleigh suddenly comes into the room. Norma jumps and turns towards the door.
"I'm sorry mom. I didn't mean to scare you." Everleigh apologizes.
"It's ok hunny." Norma rubs it off.
"Can I talk to you?" Everleigh asks.
"Sure." Norma says.
Everleigh lays down next to Norma. She lays her head on Norma's shoulder.
"What do you want to talk about?" Norma asks as she brushes some pieces of Everleigh's hair out of her face.
"I just wanna talk because I don't have anyone else to talk to." Everleigh explains.
"Oh ok." Norma says.
"So have you opened the package yet?" Everleigh asks.
"Um no." Norma stutters.
"Oh ok." Everleigh doesn't notice that Norma was lying.
"When is dad coming back?"  Everleigh asks.
"I don't know." Norma says.
"Is Norman still in jail?" Everleigh asks worried.
"Yes and he's not gonna get out anytime soon. He can't hurt you anymore." Norma says while a tear escapes her eye.
"Ok." Everleigh mutters.

Everleigh moves closer to Norma. She snuggles her head into the crook of Norma's neck. Norma lays her head on Everleigh's head.
"It's gonna be ok. It's all ok." Norma whispers. They both fall asleep snuggled up to each other.

Alex comes home later and he sees them asleep together. He suddenly sees a white thing slightly hanging out from under the bed. He goes to look at it. He then sees the package Norma got. He notices that it's opened.

Alex opens the box and he reads the note from Norman. He gasps. Alex continues to look through the photos of Everleigh's face scribbled out. He quickly puts them back. Alex goes downstairs and he cooks dinner for Everleigh and Norma.

Alex finishes up dinner and he goes upstairs to wake up Norma and Everleigh. Norma and Everleigh both wake up.
"I made dinner." Alex whispers.
"Oh you didn't have to." Norma says.
"I was feeling generous." Alex smirks.
Norma giggles and she gets out of bed. Everleigh gets out of bed too. Norma starts walking downstairs. Alex and Everleigh walk down together.
"What did you make?" Everleigh asks.
"Ravioli." Alex says.
"Good choice!" Everleigh says before she sits down at the kitchen table.

They all quickly eat dinner.
"Goodnight." Everleigh hugs Alex.
"Goodnight." Everleigh hugs Norma.
"Goodnight jellybean." Alex rubs Everleigh's back.
Everleigh goes upstairs. Norma and Alex go upstairs soon after Everleigh.