00.04

00.04 - Escaping the Bullets.

                  The hairs on my arms stood up as I looked at the alarm clock; 2:58 it read.  I let out a sigh, rubbing my hands against the rough skin of my face.  Louis had been snoring very loudly next to me as soon as his head hit the pillow.  I kept leaning my head up to see what Harry was doing, and every time, I would see him sleeping away on the sofa.  

 My right hand had been cuffed to the bedpost to ensure that I wouldn't escape.  I would yank constantly on the cuffs, but they seemed to get tighter every time.  I felt a tear slip through, but I whipped it with the remaining hand I had free.  

 As I ran my free hand through my hair, I noticed something bumpy.  I reached up and pulled it out, and what laid in my hand was the key of escaping, a bobby pin.  

I screamed on the inside, containing my excitement, hoping I wouldn't wake them up.  My hands fumbled, getting the pin to the lock and began to twist to carefully unlock it.  

'Click' 

I felt happy tears escape my eyes and I began to frantically remove the cuff from my wrist and run out the room.  I opened the door quietly and shut it with ease, hoping that it wouldn't wake them up.  A smile made its way onto my face and I ran towards the stairwell.  I went down fast pace, hoping to keep rhythm.  

I saw the main level, and rushed to open the door.  I looked around to find the main desk, and saw the lady who checked us in standing at her computer.  I ran up to her desk with wide eyes, and she stared at me as if I was crazy.  

"Ma'am, you need to call the police, I was kidnapped," I stated, tears rushing down my face.  I saw her eyes widened and she let out a gasp.  

I watched as she reached for the phone, hurriedly pressed the numbers in.  I kept looking around, hoping that I wouldn't be spotted by anyone, especially Harry or Louis.  I felt relief flowing throughout me, I was finally going to be able to escape.  I was going to be able to go home and see my little brother and mother.  I was going to escape the terror my life had became.  

But, suddenly, a shot rang throughout the lobby.  I gasped and the lady behind the counter let out a slight scream.  I looked at her and the blood from my face disappeared as I turned pale. 

Her chest had been soaked with blood and she was gushing blood out of her mouth.  She fell to the ground and I let out a cry.  I turned around to see who the gun man is, and as soon as I did, I felt sobs escape my mouth.  

                There Harry stood the gun still pointed towards the counter, his hand still on the trigger.  A cigarette hung from his mouth as a nasty smirk made its way to his face.  His eyes began to get darker as him and I stared at each other.  

                                       "Hopefully, you learned your lesson.  Every time you get someone to help you, I kill them.  I would keep that pretty mouth of yours shut if you want to keep innocent people alive."

                 Word Count: 570