zero

zero - prologue

          The New World.

   Women were not treated equally anymore.  Men had full dominance over everyone, especially the ones in the mafia. 

The Mafia took our country and world by storm.  They disappeared from the shadows and petty drug deals and took down our government, in which the president surrendered. 

20 years later, most countries have their own mafias controlling the people who reside there.  Some countries combined with others to have a bigger government and more control over their people, especially the women.  

I am only 17 years old, but tomorrow is my 18th birthday, the day of courting.  

The Day of Courting was every woman's nightmare.  It was the day the last of their freedom is taken away from them and they are given to a man who selects them as their choice.  And once the woman is in the man's custody, she has no more freedom, no more free speech, and no more control over herself.  She belongs to the man who courts her.  

This is a new era.   A different time.  A rough period.  

author's note; 

hello everyone :) 

just a warning, this is only a book.  this is only an idea and a genre choice.  I don't agree with most of the things that will be happening in this book and I hope you'll enjoy it too.  

if you are triggered by these things, please click off the book now, and do not leave nasty comments.  it's just a book :) 

thank you, Maddie.