Kimodameshi

---

"Attention!" Hange made everyone focus on her, "Everyone did their best at Sports Day match the other day. What a day!"

Y/n looked bored doing spinning tricks with her pen. She also still wore her jacket over her shoulders, not around her waist.

"However! I remember something." Hange's give a sinister grin, "I remember that you, year 1 students, pick a fight with us."

Year 1 students flinched.

"So to further deepen our friendship, we are planning an event." Hange slammed her hands on the board, "It is Kimodameshi (Test of courage)!"

"Whaaaaat?!" Year 1 students yelped in fright, afraid of what they would encounter in this school.

Since Y/n had never in her life gone to an event like this, she was preparing for her death. 

She suddenly stood up from her seat, walked in front with a sword, knelt in front of her upperclassmen.

"Hange, I want you to chop off my head slowly so I can feel the pain." Y/n said politely, brandishing her sword, looking down at the floor.

Everyone in the room looked at Y/n like she was a ghost. Each of their faces turned pale.

Petra panicked, "Wait what?! What are you saying, Y/n?!" She shook Y/n's shoulders back and forth, "D-Don't be like that, Y/n! It's just Kimodameshi! You're not afraid of such childish things! Right!?"

Y/n muttered to herself. Her eyes turned dull, "I have no reason to live such a scary life anymore."

"SHE'S NOT BREATHING!!"

---

It's night.

It was time for scouts club members to go to their designated class.

Y/n walked in front, protecting her three friends. She wasn't going to lie, she's also scared but she had to be strong. She had even prepared her massive frying pan behind her back all along. She also trained her martial arts' kicks so that she can kick well. 

Y/n's eyes became dull. Whenever she's afraid or unprepared for what she was about to face, her eyes grew dull. Even everyone who saw her gaze would get goosebumps and feel that they had no desire to live in this world anymore.

Armin hid behind Y/n, "I-I'm afraid of the dark. I'm afraid of the dark." He said it like he was casting a spell.

"Armin, you get scared easily." Eren's legs were wobbly but he didn't want to admit it.

Suddenly, a big hand just touched Eren's shoulder, "What did you see?" He said in a deep voice.

Eren screeched, gritting his teeth in fear. He ran to Y/n and hid behind her.

"Ah, Mr. Smith." Y/n waved.

The person nodded, acknowledging her presence. This person had bushy eyebrows, blond hair, blue eyes that reflected like a mirror, and perfect posture. "Hello, Y/n. Looks like you're scared of this event we're making."

Y/n blinked, "Eh? How did you know?"

"Your eyes." He pointed it out.

"Anyway," He fixed his uniform before introducing himself, "Sorry, I scared you. I'm Erwin Smith. I'm an advisor to the Scout Regiment."

Y/n touched Eren's shoulder making him calm down.

---

"Thanks to Mr. Smith's help, we can use the school tonight." Petra told.