04

darkness, the sound of whimpering lingered through my ears like a needle. that same dripping sound got louder as my body continued to tremble under the coldness of the room, all i could see was her crouching down onto the floor while blood continued to drip.

drip...

drip...

drip...

drip...

it wouldn't stop.

drip...

drip...

drip...

drip...

i couldn't get my eyes off of her,  her pale face staring back at me. her tears wouldn't stop running down her face while nothing came out of me. i began to breathe aggressively gripping tightly onto my hair almost ripping it all out hurting even more. i couldn't stop the noise.

maria.

maria.

maria.

maria.

they wouldn't shut up, all of those screams began eating me up like a hungry cannibal. there was nothing i could do to stop anyway, the eyes began to creep closer and closer as if judging me from afar wasn't enough. i looked around with a distorted vision, and somehow all of those eyes began to spin around me whilst they kept their gaze upon me.
i began to scream once i felt arms wrap themselves around my waist pulling me hard to the ground.

"she's my most prized possession..." said the raspy voice in an echoing whisper, it's cold breath hitting my ear like a ice cube.
i tried to yell but it only came out as a silent static, his grip tightened while his body slowly melted into hot oil slowly burning up my skin, i yelled feeling all the pain and judgement choke me like a rope.
i felt so useless, so shameful and defenseless.

maria?

i looked up seeing a blurry figure, it was slouched forward while looking down at me with a tilted head.
i tried to speak but it only came out like static again, but the oil wasn't burning me anymore. i could feel it's warmth but it didn't hurt me like it used to.
still, the blood never stopped dripping.

i gasped quickly opening my eyes, finding myself back in the room we slept in inside the madrigal's house. i took a deep breath in and a deep breath out trying to slowly calm myself up.
i sighed and stood up trying my best not to wake up my family from their beauty sleep, especially miguel who needed it the most.

i creeped out of the room in my pyjamas and tried my way towards the kitchen.
looking around for the fridge i suddenly jump seeing bruno with some rats eating a loaf of bread with cheese, he looked at me and gave me and awkward wave, i waved back feeling confused as fuck.
i sighed and looked over at mirabel's room that stood with a cyan door, maybe i could talk to her to feel a little better.

i walked up the staircase and passed by some doors in a very slow and quiet step trying not to wake any of the residents. i gulped noticing i was almost close enough to the girl's room, but before i could take another step a door that stood right on my left opened.
i slowly looked at the person letting my eyes meet a tired camilo in his sleep attire and very messy hair.

"what the fuck...?" he squinted his eyes while speaking in a very raspy voice, i gulped feeling unsure of what to tell him.
"why are you awake at five in the morning?" he asked walking closer to me while rubbing one of his eyes. i said nothing while curling up my lips.
"come in." he said pointing towards his room, in which just looked like a dark room.
"it's not necessary um...yeah." i quickly gave up and followed inside.