15

"and that's how dolores's got traumatised." we laughed "her face was everything!" camilo gasped for air.
"poor thing." i giggled, camilo sighed with content.
the two of us were laying on the grass with camilo's ruana covering both of our eyes, leaving his white shirt exposed. we were talking about how every madrigal dealt with their gifts on their first years, and dolores was the one who had it worse!

"nothing beats last year tho." camilo smiled.
"what happened last year?" camilo let out a small gasp and quickly sat up.
"no one told you about it?! it was the scariest shit ever!" he then stood up  and walked in front of me, i sat up with his ruana on my lap.
"not really." i curled up a smile.
"oh this is going to be fun!" he rubbed his hands mischievously.

"ok so listen up!" he clapped his hands and twirled around making himself shift onto mirabel.
"mirabel was the powerless child!" he began to sing in a calm tone "confident and kind with such a good state of mind," he began doing some dramatic poses  trying to look wacky and innocent  "some could say her imagination was wild!" mirabel's eyes began to glow green whilst he kept a evil grin on his lips.
"but!" he whispered and soon there was a nice beat "she decided to go out at night," he began to sing  bit more quicker "those cracks never left her sight," our surroundings then changed into the inside of the house with tons of cracks on the walls and floor "she found a tower mighty and high!" he grabbed my hand and pulled me up "with a vision made out of fright!" he spun me around and our surroundings changed into bruno's room.

"that's when bruno came around," he then shifted into bruno who's eyes were also glowing green "a man who lived on the walls," he then was behind me with a hand on my waist and his arm leaning against mine "whispering and muttering watching from afar," he then twirled around shifting back to himself  "while the family slowly began to fall." and then a hurricane made out of sand began to surround us.
"powers disappearing!" he leaned closer before shifting into alma "that's when abuela began deceiving," our surroundings changed into the dining room, which was also filled with cracks and broken porcelain "a suspicious type of feeling, there was something," he began  to lead me out of the dining room "we just couldn't see it!" we were then outside with the house broken into pieces.

"but mirabel and abuela made it much better." he began to sing a bit slower with his arm around my shoulders "because they hugged each other and lit back the candle." the house began to build itself up "with patience and love there was nothing we couldn't handle!" the boy twirled me around and we were back on the hill.
"that's the end of the story, sorry if it was boring, i hope you enjoyed it and so that's it i hope i didn't you snoring." he began to sing quickly again.
"and this was how we survived a catastrophe and brought back the harmony." the song then ended, i just sat there looking at camilo while he stood on a prince like stance. 

"that's an interesting story." i chuckled, the boy sighed tiredly and laid down on the floor in front of me letting his curls rest almost the grass.
"did that little scene tire you that much?" i teased while traced the chameleon stitches on his ruana with my finger.
"talent takes energy." he mumbled "good for you." i patted him on the head.

camilo let out a sigh and laid his head on top of his arms, probably wanting to catch his breath. i shrugged and looked down at  the ruana in my hands getting an idea to pop up inside of my head. i carefully put my head through the hole of the ruana and flattened it a little while it covered most of my body, probably because i was sitting down.
"looks quite nice," i smiled while looking at myself.
"what?" camilo looked up and began to stare of me with wide eyes.
"what?" i asked "you look nice in it." he smiled.

i stood up and covered half of my face with the hem of the ruana, camilo tilted his head "what are you doing?" he chuckled while standing back up.
"i'm trying to look intimidating." i chuckled and gave up on the act, camilo shook his head.
"the trick is to be charming, but i guess that's impossible for you." he smirked, i crossed my arms "because with all that beauty you don't need it." he shrugged while leaning his face closer to mine, i shook my head while camilo leaned back.

i looked down at the ruana and did a little twirl, letting it fly around like a gown. i smiled.
"you could keep it." he suggested, i shook my head "nah i just wanted to see how i would look like in it." i shrugged.
"well it does suit you." camilo crossed his arms while staring at me up and down.
i took out the ruana and laid it on the top of my head making it look like hair.
"who am i?" i asked while trying to look scared while looking around.
"oh don't do my mom like that!" he chuckled and snatched the ruana away from me while i giggled, he put it on and did a little jump letting his shift into alma.

"who am i?" he said while aggressively slouching with weird grabby hands, i frowned with a grin.
"it's a really hard guess!" i teased, camilo shifted back to himself.
"do you know what else is hard?" he smirked, i hit him in the head "sorry!" he snickered.
i let out a small chuckle and looked at the sky slowing turning into shades of orange and red, i let out a small gasp getting camilo's attention. he looked over at the sky and did the same "that's pretty." he mumbled before sitting down, i copied.

"i've never seen the sky like this." i mumbled, camilo leaned his head against mine.
"do you know what's crazy about this?" he asked.
"what?" 
"we've literally spent a whole evening on the top of a hill." he chuckled.
"that is crazy." i smiled while continuing to stare at the sunset.