25

after breakfast mirabel immediately dragged me to her room not even letting me put down my dishes on the sink.
"ok so," clapped mirabel "this is the plan!" she said taking out a piece of paper, i sat down on her bed and waited as she began to scribble.

"so," she then placed the paper on my lap "you talk with gabriel!" she said pointing at two wonky drawings of me and gabriel "you become besties," she then pointed at another two drawings with hearts this time "and soon enough you can start telling gabriel good stuff about me!" she grinned.

"can't you just become friends with julio?" i frowned, mirabel bursted into laughter "no." she smiled.
"now," i sighed "you tell him stuff about me and he will tell his brother all the interesting stuff!" she smirked while pointing at a wonky drawing of gabriel talking with júlio "easy right?" she said in a much more confident tone.

"i guess?" mirabel squealed.
"i'm so excited!" she said "maybe i could ask bruno to see if im married to júlio!" she breathed.
"talking about bruno." i suggested getting her attention "did he ever have a vision about you?" i asked trying not to sound too intrusive.
"well yeah," she shrugged "he gets a vision about everyone." she smiled.

"and are they mostly bad?" i stood up placing the sheet of paper on the bed.
"it depends on how you see it." she shrugged.
"right," i nodded "and is it bad if he...burries a vision?" i gave her a nervous grin making her eyes go wide.

"you saw it?" she walked over to me.
"what?" i gulped.
"the vision!" she sais placing her hands on my shoulders, i nodded.
"was i not supposed to?" mirabel sighed.
"bruno told me about it the other day." she said taking out a piece of green glass, my eyes widened.
"that's the missing piece!" i tried to take it but mirabel stepped away.

"I can't let you take it." she sighed.
"why not?" i frowned.
"because bruno trusts me to guard it." she said "and he's worried something worse will happen if you see this vision." she bowed her head down.
"how will it make it worse? i've already seen most of it." i shrugged, mirabel bit her lip "but you don't know who's doing it." she said, i frowned.
"it's not me isn't it?" mirabel hesitated and shook her head.

"then who is?" i asked.
"someone" she turned around.
"just tell me!" i shouted.
"I don't know!" mirabel shouted back, i sighed and got out of her room "maria it has nothing to do with your family!" she shouted from outside her door.

i was going to come downstairs but i accidentally bumped into camilo's shoulder.
"woah you ok?" he asked placing his hand on my shoulder.
"yeah just tired." i gulped and continued to walk away.
camilo grabbed my wrist, i looked over at him "come on." he gestured his head towards his door.

we walked inside and we were now on that little playground with the pair of swings and red slide.
"what's bothering you?" he said pulling me by the hand towards the swings.
"i'm not sure if i can tell you." i chuckled.
"well just tell me anything else that's bothering you if that makes you feel more comfortable?" he sat down on the swing next to me.

"ok..." i took a deep breath "well mirabel told me to start talking more with gabriel," i sighed, i could sense camilo become a little bit tense.
"and?" he asked a little bit colder.
"and she told me to tell gabriel interesting stuff about her so gabriel could tell his brother júlio more about her." i let out a dry chuckle.

camilo started snickering "really?" he asked in a quiet voice.
"yes." i smiled and camilo began to laugh hysterically.
"wow mirabel sure needs some love advice from mariano." he bowed his head still laughing like a mad man.
"i guess." i shrugged with a smile.

it took the boy a little while before he could calm himself down.
"well," he sighed with content "anything else?" he asked turning his head at me.
"um..." i thought while looking around the scenery "mrs.mirandez told me my family could live in her house." i saw camilo's face dropped.
"oh." he looked away "i mean that's nice." he shrugged.

"yeah..." i smiled.
"and have you told about parents about ir?" he asked.
"yeah, but they're still thinking about it." camilo sighed.
"i guess we won't be living together anymore huh?" he gave me a small smile "too bad." he chuckled.
"yeah..." i smiled.

we stood in silence for a while until camilo handed out his hand for me to hold, in which i accepted.
"you know," i spoke out "your birthday is next week right?" i looked over at camilo noticing him already staring at me with a warm gaze.
"so is yours." he smiled, i nodded "maybe we could share a birthday party." he gave me a mischievous grin.

"no it's fine..." i gave him a small smile, his face dropped making me feel guilty "i prefer...small parties." i excused.
"oh." said camilo "we could have a birthday party with just our families." he suggested with a warm smile.
"i guess..." i sighed, camilo seemed to notice.
"you don't like parties do you?" he asked rubbing his thumb against the back of my hand.

"maybe?" i chuckled nervously.
"well," camilo shrugged "we can always celebrate my birthday then." he winked.
"i'd would like that." i grinned.
"we have a date then." he smirked.

this was it. this was gabriel was missing, but what exactly? both camilo and gabriel had a nice charm in their personalities and were both flirty and cute. but when comparing both next to eachother, camilo seemed way better.
why? that's what i wanted to know, it was just so fucking stressful!

"maria?" called camilo noticing my change of mood.
"sorry, just thinking." i gave him a bright smile.
"what else is bothering you?" he asked leaning against the palm of his hand.
"it's about gabriel." that's when camilo ler out a sigh.

"what about him?" he asked.
"I don't know there's just something... missing." i sighed making camilo's face brighten up.
"oh? i guess he isn't as handsome as me." he smirked, i chuckled.
"both of you are handsome and all of that but gabriel is missing out something." i shrugged.

"like what?" he asked swinging his hands around.
"that's what i wanna know." i gave him a curled up smile "maybe it's because he's not a shapeshifter?" he winked.
"maybe that's it."
i guess that was the thing missing, but it still didn't feel right. i guess i just had to forget about it.