13

"maria it's your time to do the dishes." my dad demanded while placing the dishes onto the sink after we all finished lunch.
"ok papi." i smiled and began to scrub the dirty plates with a yellow sponge "need any help?" asked mirabel behind me, i shook my head, she shrugged before going away.

soon enough after a few minutes i had finished cleaning all the plates, i was about to walk out before my face smashed against a hard and muscled chest.
"hola maria..." luísa spoke quietly.
"olá luísa." i waved, she bit her lip.
"could we...talk?" she blushed "sure," i shrugged.

"what is it?" i asked when we reached the backside of the house, luísa took a deep breath before speaking.
"what does miguel think of me...?" she looked down at her feet with a face red as a tomato.
i frowned and then stood silent whilst i thought "not much, i mean you guys barely talk and you're still strangers so there isn't much he has to say about you."i shrugged.

luísa's eyes brightened "does that mean he can like me back?" she gasped before covering her mouth nervously.
"i guess?" i gave her a curled up smile.
"yes!" she began to jump around while squirming in excitement.
"ok..." i murmured while looking at the scene.

"thank you so much maria!" she then began to shake my hand making me move around like a ragdoll.
"you're welcome..." i gave her a fake smile and soon enough she was gone.
i sighed in relief, her gift should've been making people feel awkward.

i then decided to take a stroll around the forest of encanto to ease my mind, that's when i noticed miguel and the beautiful flowers he had planted.
"what are you doing here?" he jumped with the sound of my voice.
"what are you doing here?!" he whispered angrily.

"i asked you first" he rolled his eyes at me.
"i was just doing something and-" soon enough we heard a few sticks break in the distance, miguel looked over at me before walking deeper through the crowd of trees.
"if we get killed," he said "it's your fault since you're such a bitch." i rolled my eyes.

he then stopped and i looked over his shoulder, there was bruno who seemed to be burying something close to a nice clear lake.
"did the rat man kill somebody?" miguel whispered while slouching closer to me.
"I don't know." i shrugged while keeping my gaze on the man.

"no one will know." bruno sighed in relief and looked through his surroundings, we quickly hid behind the bushes. he didn't seem to notice.
we stood quiet while hearing his footsteps fade away, we stood up and walked over to the little bump on the dirt.

"do you think it's someone's severed head?" my brother gave me a mischievous grin, i frowned "you must've hit your head when you were born." i shook my head.
"fuck off." he replied and crouching next to the bump.
"we could..." he looked at me then at the pile of dirt.

"no! what if it's secret?" i protested, miguel gave me a blank face "fine." i gave up.
"we'll just have to put the dirt back, no one will notice." the boy shrugged before digging his hands inside the dirt and then dragging some of it to his own little pile. i copied.

after some minutes of digging we soon stumbled upon a few shards of green glass that somehow could glow.
"is this radioactive or something?" miguel tilted his head while analysing the shards.
"huh?" i then noticed the small images imprinted onto the glowing glass, it looked like an unfinished portrait of someone.

i quickly snatched one of the shards from miguel "hey!" he hissed.
"look." i then showed his the glass shards slowly being connected to each other, he gasped.
"wait so it's like a puzzle!" miguel then scattered all of the shards next to him and began to slide some pieces together.

"wow and i thought you were dumb." i joked, miguel couldn't seem to bother since he was too focused on the puzzle. as the boy kept on connecting the pieces a portrait began to form itself into a better view, miguel stood up while staring at the finished product and sighed in annoyance.
"we're missing a piece!" he crossed his arms, i looked over at the portrait.
"well at least we have something." i bit my lip while trying to figure out the glass.

the glass had a image of a figure with short hair floating in the middle while teacups and plates also floated behind it, it wasn't very clear for some reason but i suppose that was all we had at the moment.
"what does it mean?" miguel tilted his head.
"i have the same question." i sighed and began to pick up the shards.

"are we bringing it with us?" miguel frowned, i shrugged.
"i guess we could throw them back out once we find out the meaning?" miguel looked over at me, i nodded "well," miguel sighed tiredly "let's just hope no one finds out, like bruno." miguel began to walk back to where we came from.
"wait for me asshole!" i yelled as i began to run after him.

"where are you putting those anyways?" asked miguel while looking over at the green shards.
"maybe in one of the drawers?" miguel bursted with laughter.
"you're so fucking dumb! even the madrigal's kid knows better places to hide stuff." he nudged me on the arm, i rolled my eyes.
"he hides candies, not mysterious green,glowing glass shards!" miguel groaned.
"right," he said "but we need a better hiding spot." he grabbed onto the shards and looked around, he then began to dig under a bush and covered it with dirt and a few leaves.

"help me stomp these down!" miguel whispered while stepping onto the dirt to flattened it.
"wow this looks...normal? but stepped on." i shrugged, miguel cracked his knuckles and somehow was able to pose some of the leaves of the bush to hide the stomps.
"ok you're actually smart!" i grinned with crossed arms, miguel chuckled.
"well when it comes to contraband i'm the best!" he responded with confidence, i rolled my eyes.
"let's just go back inside the house before they ask questions.

we soon enough got back inside and miguel was immediately met with luísa who was holding a bouquet of roses in her hand.
"um..." miguel looked over at me with a frown, i gulped.
"i-i got you these!" she then smashed the roses close to his face almost choking on their smell.
"thanks luísa..." my brother took a few steps back before accepting the roses, luísa squirmed.
"anyways..." she took a deep breath "i was wondering if you wanted to...hang out?" she gave him a nervous smile.

"sure?" miguel gave her a curled up smile, luísa's face became a bit red and she quickly turned to her back to hide it.
"great!" she let out a nervous chuckle "how about tomorrow?" she asked shyly, miguel gave me a confused look and a shrug "i guess." he said.
the girl sighed with content and rushed up the house's staircase and then to her room and closing the door softly.

"i'm fucked?" miguel gazed down at the flowers.
"come on don't be so rude!" i slapped the back of his head, he groaned.
"she's fucking weird!" he hissed "and so are you." he teased, i gave him another hit on the head.
"sorry." he mumbled with annoyance.
"now just try getting to know her and maybe you won't feel the same." i gave him a smirk, he mimicked me quietly before flipping me off and walking to our room. 
motherfucker...