29

"ok and this one could be named alejandro." camilo suggested, i nodded.
"and this one could be miguel since it's the wonkiest of all." i pointed at the smaller chameleon, camilo laughed and gave me a thumbs up.

"ayo bitch!" then was a knock on the door. camilo and i quickly stood up and gave eachother weird looks.
"why is miguel here?" asked camilo, i shrugged and walked over to the door.
"just stop kissing your boyfriend and open up the door please?" miguel spoke again making me roll my eyes before opening the door.

miguel looked at me and then at camilo who stood a few inches behind me.
"what is it?" i asked while camilo placed a hand on his waist as he stared at the two of us.
"what is the heaviest thing on earth?" he crossed his arms.
"I don't know, twelve elephants?" i frowned.

"and where the fuck am i going to get twelve fricking elephants?" he frowned, i tilted my head.
"why are you asking?" he looked away before slouching closer to my ear.
"i wanted to make a lifting competition with luísa." and with that i began to laugh hysterically.
"and you think you can handle twelve elephants?" i gasped for air, miguel rolled his eyes.

"look you don't know how strong i am." he stuck out his tongue.
"um...is this why you're here?" asked camilo.
"not really, dad wants to see you." miguel shoved his hands into his pockets and walked away letting his medium dark hair move side to side.
"yeah he does have more hair then me." i sighed while getting out of the room.
"i guess i'll see you tomorrow?" asked camilo leaning against his door frame with a warm smile.

"yeah," I smiled "oh and camilo." i took a deep breath "thanks for helping me." camilo grinned with a tiny bit of blush.
"you did the same for me." he shrugged before going back inside his room.

i walked downstairs and went inside our room noticing my dad sat down on his bed with my mom patting his back to comfort him.
"is everything ok?" i asked closing the door behind me.
"maria! me and your father were talking about you." mom gave me a small smile, i looked over at my overly panicky dad.

"oh don't worry he's just a little overwhelmed," i nodded and sat down next to the pair.
"strong emotions?" i asked, my dad nodded.
"since one of the madrigals' is having a birthday party next week and the whole town is losing their shit." miguel explained getting a glare from mom "language i know." he rolled his eyes.

"talking about birthdays..." mom sighed instantly getting everyone's attention with the topic "are you sure you don't want to celebrate your birthday this year?" my chest tightened "i mean," she gulped "it's been six years since we've celebrated." she gave me a worried smile.
"yeah i wonder why." miguel sighed with sadness.

i began fidgeting with my fingers, all those dark memories running back at me. all of the screams, all of the torture. so many people went missing that day...so many died that day.
i couldn't save them, and i still can't save anyone. not camilo, not lucas or even the family i have left.

"what's the point." i spoke quietly trying not to breakdown.
my dad quickly looked at me and bowed his head, understanding how i felt.
"maria it won't happen again," mom stood up and walked over to me "it's been six years and I don't want you to spend your seventh watching someone be happy." she cupped my face with a face full of worry and desperation.
"camilo needs it more than i do." i pulled her hands away "i'll be fine." i gave her a small smile.

i walked out of the room feeling their gazes staring at me through the back of my neck "where are you going?" asked mom.
"somewhere." i responded getting out of the house through the front door.

a few minutes of walking i felt someone touch my shoulder "are you ok?" it was miguel.
"y-yeah..." i looked away before he grabbed my arm, i gave him a weird look.
"come with me." he then pulled me with him towards the forest we once found bruno's vision.
"what are we doing here?" i asked once we stopped i front of the flower field.

"this is my comfort place." sais miguel sitting down between the daisies and tiger lilies.
"did you grow these?" i frowned examining his flower bed.
"yup. used the seeds grandma gave me." he smacked his lips.
"but why here?" i sat down next to him.

"well because this is where i plant bad memories." he presented.
"bad memories?" i then noticed the white rose that stood in the middle.
"yeah, like panic attack,rejections...death." he sighed, i nodded.
"but why do you put all of those bad things on such beautiful flowers?" i asked stroking one of the little daisies.

"because no matter how beautiful something is, it will always have a dark history." he began to play with his fingers.
"even roses?" i asked, he nodded.
"think about...castles." he exampled.
"what about them?" i bit my lip.
"well, many deaths happened in castles," miguel chuckled "and they're one of the many pretty buildings history left behind." he shrugged again.

"that...makes sense." i chuckled.
"you can always plant your flowers here maria." miguel placed his hand on my shoulder, i smirked.
"wow i didn't know you cared so much about me." i crossed my arms.
"well it's no fun seeing you mop about a stupid birthday." he rolled his eyes.
"yeah... birthdays are stupid." i nodded with a soft smile.
miguel scoffed and gave me a tight hug, i chuckled and hugged him back.