17

"that's it." i said gripping onto the hems of my dress rather tightly.
"that's horrible." mirabel rubbed my back "it wasn't your fault maria, nothing is your fault." she reassured with hug, i sniffed against her shoulder. she was such a good listener...
"thank you." i managed, she gave me a warm smile "no need." she said.
"besides," she sighed "camilo's situation is not like that, it's far from that trust me." i smiled, mirabel hugged me again and wiped off a tear that had escaped from my eye.

"i feel much better now." i chuckled.
"that's good to hear." mirabel ruffled my hair making me smile again.
"by the way..." i trailed off "is camilo ok?" i asked.
"right," she bit her lip "i'm not supposed to tell you...that's the thing." she gave me a nervous smile.
"is it bad tho?" i asked, she shook her head before freezing in place.
"it kinda depends..." she smiled.
"ok..." i frowned trying not to think much of it.

"do you have any crushes right now maria?" asked mirabel getting me off guard.
"no?" i crossed my arms.
"have you...you know..." she rubbed the back of her neck "fell in love before?" she gave me a fake smile.
"no." i shook my head, mirabel gave me a blank look "seriously?" she asked coldly, i nodded.

the girl sighed and massaged her temples "ok so let's talk about that then." she clapped her hands together.
"why?" she bit her lip.
"because..."she trailed off "i want to you help you...so you don't...get...confused in the future." she gave me a bigger smile almost looking like a maniac. i looked around "sure?" i spoke quietly.

"so what do you think about camilo?" she crossed her arms while pushing her green glasses up.
"he's a nice friend." i shrugged, she winced through her teeth.
"right..." she whispered with a  nervous smile "what else?" she asked.
"what else?" i frowned, she copied "what else do you feel about him?" she explained.
"oh." i then thought for a bit "he's funny i guess." mirabel winced again.
"ouch..." she mumbled to herself "right hehe," she smiled "are you talking to someone else? like from town?" she leaned her face closer to mine trying to analyze my expressions.

"no..?" i leaned back.
"really?" she raised one of her eyebrows "yes." i gave her a blank look.
mirabel cleared her throat "ok that's enough questions!" she gave me a small smile.
"so i'm ready for the future now?" i tilted my head.
"absolutely not." she gave me a blank look

"ok?" i frowned again "well," i sighed "while we're on the subject of love, i wanted to talk to you about luísa." i fidgeted with my fingers, mirabel tilted her head.
"what about her?" she asked.
"well she's been acting a bit weird lately." i gave her a curled up smile.
"oh..." she then realized what i meant "did she tell you already?" she asked, i frowned.
"about what?" i asked.
"about her crush on miguel—shit." she gulped "um..." she curled up her lips.

"well that makes sense." i breathed, mirabel nodded awkwardly.
"i mean it is kind of obvious." mirabel chuckled nervously.
"i guess, those questions were a bit weird." mirabel chuckled.
"what type of questions?" she smirked.
"like what did miguel think of her and stuff like that." i smiled.

"well she did tell isabela a lot of stuff about miguel." mirabel crossed her arms "like:'oh he's so tiny and adorable!' and like 'oh he's so handsome!' blah blah blah." she mimicked luísa's voice while doing a weird shoulder movement.
"wow." i giggled "i didn't even notice she was crushing on him." i rubbed the back of my neck.
"it's fine, you never fell in love before." she shrugged.

mirabel and i continued to talk until it was time for us to sleep, the girl and i decided to have a sleepover in her room.
"so what can you do with those powers of yours?" asked mirabel while making a nice place for me to sleep on her bed.
"well i can levitate so far much everything except heavy stuff like giant rocks or even heavy people." i shrugged, mirabel nodded.

"can you lift me?" she asked with bright eyes.
"maybe?" i smiled, mirabel stood up on the bed and opened her arms.
"ok try it." she grinned, i bit my lip and lifted my hand on her direction. i slightly began to raise my hand up while mirabel's body slowly began to float in mid air.
"wow!" she beamed even tho she wasn't that far from the bed, literally a few inches away.

"ok you're too heavy." i let go of her letting the girl slightly jump.
"that's mean." she pouted while fixing her glasses.
"sorry not sorry." i shrugged with a smirk, she glared at me before breaking into laughs.
we then laid down on the bed, it wasn't big but it wasn't small either so we would both fit in.
"so..." said mirabel "can you break people's bones with it?" she grinned mischievously. i frowned with a smile.

"what?" i shook my head, mirabel chuckled.
"like for self-defense." she explained "i've seen movies about it like they can break people's legs or like necks with just one look." she explained  with her hands up in the sky.
"really?" i grinned.
"yeah it looks so cool!" she sighed with content.

"well sorry but i actually can't do stuff like that." i smiled softly.
"you can't or you don't?" she smirked, i rolled my eyes.
"i mean it." she nodded.
"is there anyone else in your family that can do it?" she asked.
"um..." i then remembered about mariana's accident "nope, nobody." i smiled, mirabel sighed in defeat.

"well it's ok." she shrugged "at least you can levitate things." she grinned, i chuckled at her enthusiasm.
"thanks i guess." i shrugged as well.
we stood quiet for a little while before mirabel grabbed one of the pillows and hit my face with it.
"hey!" i giggled and quickly sat up before grabbing a pillow for myself.
"just try to get me dumbo!" she yelled before hitting me with the pillow again, i groaned and tried to copy her.

"get away!" i giggled moving her pillow away from her hands.
"hey!" she smiled "that's not fair!" she giggled reaching out for her pillow.
"no you don't!" i smirked pulling the pillow towards me, mirabel glared.
"very funny." she cracked her knuckles before jumping onto me like a angry cat.