26

camilo and i were now in his yellow bedroom trying to draw chameleons on the corner of his wooden floor "the secret is drawing square shaped heads." said camilo guiding my hand with his.
"they still look wonky tho!" i chuckled, camilo shook his head with a smile.
"well at least they look better than the other ones!" he said pointing at my other wonky chameleons.
"ok fine!" i grinned.

"it's missing something." said camilo, i looked down at the drawings and frowned "what?" i asked.
"pass me the red crayon." he said pointing at the crayon next to me "thanks." he said taking the red crayon and drawing down little hearts around the chameleons.
"how cute." i smiled.
"now they're a chameleon couple!" said camilo with a quiet chuckle.

"we should give them names." i suggested, camilo nodded with a thoughtful expression.
"how about...maria and camilo?" he suggested, i shook my head.
"original names." camilo chuckled.
"ok ok fine." he then thought a little bit more.
"camila and mario?" he shrugged.
"sure." i shrugged back receiving a warm smile from camilo.

"say..." i grinned looking down at camila "perhaps camila could wear a tiny little skirt." i grabbed the red crayon and drew a little skirt on the chameleon.
"looks good on her." camilo chuckled while crossing his arms.
"who said camila was a she?" i smirked, camilo shook his head with a grin.
"you know," camilo looked at me up and down "you did say you were going to give me one of your dresses!" he pointed at me, i giggled.
"oops i  forgot." i shrugged. "i could go get you one tho." i suggested making him blush a little.
"m-maybe next time!" he said while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

i looked around and noticed one of the mirrors decorated with pictures camilo had, one of the pictures had a female model with black curly hair tied up in a bun wearing a long and tight red dress.
"do you have a hair tie by any chance?" i asked looking over at camilo who seemed to be drawing small little chameleon kids for camila and mario, he then looked over at me.
"i don't know." he shrugged "we could try looking for one." he stood up, i followed.

"can't you ask the room for one?" i asked walking behind him.
"the room makes illusions of things so they're not that touchable." he shrugged and started to look inside some drawers.
"oh ok." i sighed and let myself look inside his wooden closet.
we continued to hunt for a little hair tie, in which took us about a good half hour to find.

"here we go!" i grinned taking the black hair tie in my hands to show camilo, he tilted his head while examining it.
"that must be mi mama's." he shrugged "why do you need it by the way?" he crossed his arms with a blank look.
"come on," i lead him to the bed, we both sat down and i placed the hair tie around my fingers.

"turn around." i gestured with my finger, camilo sighed and turned him back to me showing the back side of his head and hair. i drew myself closer to him and moved my hand towards his head.
"now this must hurt a little." i warned.
"ok?" the boy questioned but remained in place.
i wrapped the tie around my fingers and grabbed a handful of camilo's hair and slid it around the hair tie until i was able to make it into a bun "ow!" he said.

"sorry," i smiled and pointed at the mirror, camilo looked at it and let out a little gasp.
"abuela said my hair was too short for a bun," he grinned while approaching a bit closer to the mirror in front of him.
"well you look good with it." i shrugged while staring at the happy chameleon boy, i believe it was the first time i've seen his eyes bright up so much.
"thanks." he chuckled with a slight blush and sat back down next to me.

"i um..." he looked away shyly and then began to stare me in the eyes with a grin "i appreciate it." he then gave me a tight hug, i smiled and hugged back letting me hide my face on the crook of his neck.
"now all we need is a dress." i suggested making camilo laugh a little, we then broke the hug and let ourselves hold each other's hands.

we just sat there looking into each other's eyes, something i never wanted to stop.
"you could be my new stylist." camilo joked.
"maybe." i shrugged with a smile, camilo continued to look at himself in the mirror staring back and forth between him and the picture of the lady  in the red dress.
"maybe you could show dolores your new look." i walked over at him and placed my hands on his shoulders while staring at his reflection behind his shoulder.

"maybe later," he shrugged.
"she would definitely get jealous, you look way better in a bun than her." i complimented, camilo crossed his arms with confidence.
"yeah, she would." he smirked.
"just kidding!" i smirked, camilo let out a dramatic gasp.
"how dare you!" he said shifting into dolores "my sister would beg to look this good in a bun." he then shifted back to himself.
"i guess." i shrugged.

"how would you look like with a bun?" asked camilo slipping the hair tie out of his hair, i looked over at myself in the mirror.
my hair was a light colour of brown and  was quite short styled in a sort of feather cut in a wavy manner, wasn't sure if it could bare to make a bun out of it but we could try.

"let me try." camilo then went behind me and tried to wrap some of my hair against the hair tie, in which fell down due to the lack of length.
"dang." camilo sighed "bet you would've looked good with it." he then grabbed the hair tie from the floor "not as me tho." he stuck out his tongue.
i flicked him in the forehead "ouch," he whined "sorry jeez." he rolled his eyes at me.