CHAPTER 38

"I'm not chismosa ok, but do you really have a relationship?" Scarlet asked the moment I took a seat right after her.

"Yeah." I replied and she gasped.

"You're kidding?"

"I'm not." I responded, a little bit offended. Why would she react like that? Is it really impossible for me to have a relationship with him? Is it wrong? Is it wrong to love him?

"Please don't get me wrong.....I was just a little bit surprised." She said, sounded apologetic.

"It's okay, I understand." I replied

I sighed. "Can you not tell Lily about it? Gusto ko sanang ako ang magsabi sa kanya?" I said, sounded pleaded.

"Sure. It's not my thing anyway." She replied, sounded uninterested.

Everyone is enjoying but it is hard on myself. I don't see Lily as well. Maybe she's talking to some of her husband's relatives who are surely presents here.

"Sorry to ask this but why do you love him?"  Scarlet asked out of nowhere. Nilingon ko siya na may nagtatanong na mga mata. "I mean, you know who he is so I wonder why you love him." Maarte niyang dagdag. I started to get irritated. It seems like loving him is a crime the way she asked me. She's slowly getting into my nerves.

"Bakit sino ba siya?" Tanong ko. Naiinis ako. Bakit pakiramdam ko napakalaking kasalanan ang nagawa niya para husgahan siya ng ganito. Oo, babaero siya pero wala bang karapan ang isang tao para magbago? He is willing to change, he doesn't need judgement but an encouragement. But no matter how irritated I am, I don't want to ruin the party and besides I don't want to put walls between us.

"C'mon Angela, you knew how playboy Anthon is. You knew it, kaya bakit mo siya minahal?" She asked again. Please stop. I don't want him to hear us.

Instead of answering her question, I asked her. "Do I need reason to love him?" And there I saw a smirked in her lips.

"Yes? Everything has a reason. Loving someone should always have a reason." She said confidently.

"No, you're wrong."

Her one eyebrow raised. "Pardon?"

"You are wrong. You don't need reasons to love a person, Scarlett. I don't need reasons to love him. I just love him, period."

"Really?" She replied, a little bit amazed. There, it's time for me to smirked.

"Really. Love defies all reason, Scarlett. When you truly love someone you do not look for reasons, you see beyond reasons." Sagot ko. Her lips slightly parted but didn't utter a word. She nodded slowly and chuckled.

"Well, if you say so."

"Let me put it this way, what if you fall in love because someone makes you laugh, what happens when you no longer find them funny? What if you fall in love because someone is beautiful, what happens when that beauty fades? What if you fall in love because someone can provide for you, what happens when they lose wealth? Love is not about happiness, beauty and money. Love should be pure, you love him or her without any reason because love has no reason, Scarlet. And besides, sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to to the eye. " I smiled but she just rolled her eyes and flipped her long shiny hair.

"Whatever Angela, you have a lot of what if's. My goodness! Mainlove na kung mainlove pero hindi ako magpapakatanga sa pag-ibig ibig na yan! No way!" Maarte niyang sabi.

"Naku, naku ika nga wag kang magsalita nang tapos baka kainin mo lang. O siya ayan pinsan ko ohh baka kamo magkagustuhan kayo." Natatawa ko nang sabi. I've been there.  I have once said it too and then where I am now? Funny right?

"What? Who?" Tanong niya. Sakto naman dumaan si Andrew kaya tinawag ko siya.

"Andeng..."

"What?!" Suplado niyang sagot.

"Ito naman ang suplado, halika ka may ipakilala ako sayo."

"Sino na naman... Ikaw?" Andrew asked— shocked?

"Ikaw?!" Scarlett hissed.

They said in unison. Now this is interesting.

"So you knew each other?"

"Hindi."

"Oo."

They both said but with different answers.

"Aish ang gulo niyo sapakin ko kaya kayo?" Nakasimangot kong sabi, nanahimik naman silang dalawa. Tiningnan ko si Andeng waiting for him to explain.

"Eh fine, Lily's husband introduced us at Lily's birthday." He explained.

"Lily's husband? My cousin has a name and he is Henry, tsk bitter." Scarlett said.

"I'm not and what's wrong with you lady?" Andrew glared at her.

"Nothing, I just don't feel your presence." Scarlett replied fiercely.

"Don't worry, likewise. Tsk, maarte."Sagot niya bago bumaling sakin.

"Thank you, but no thanks besides I know her name already. Mind if I leave you here na? I'm looking for Lily."

"And why is that?" Scarlett asked.

"It's none of your business."

"So?"

"So you don't have the right to ask tsk." He replied and then he looked at me. "I'm leaving, enjoy the party. Btw I saw your boyfriend there with.. a GIRL."

"O-kayy." Sabi ko ngunit nakaalis na pala siya.

"Arghh! He's so fvcking annoying!" Scarlett hissed in annoyance.

"Wait... what's going on?" Bulong ko but Scarlet just shrugged and didn't utter a word.

"I'll be back." Paalam ko. What are you doing Anthon? Tsk, you really want to see me jealous do you?

My brows raised after I saw how that girl hold my man's arm. Really bitch?

I directly composed myself and then walked towards them. Lily is with them and so her husband Henry but I don't care.

"Hi." I greeted right in front of the girl. Anthon looked at me surprised.

"Who are you?" She replied but I didn't answer her instead I looked at Anthon.

"Enjoying?" I asked him with a smile. Gusto kong matawa kung paano siya lumunok at umiling.

"Good." I said.

"Now, can you excuse your hands for me or I'll cut it away from your body?" I said looking at the girl who's still holding his arm. I heard him chuckled. Natuwa pa ang pvtangina!

"Who the hell are you?"

"She's my girl." Anthon answered for me. Kinuha niya ang kamay niya at lumapit sakin. Gusto kong magtatalon sa tuwa. Who wouldn't be? He just introduced me in front of them. Damn. I can see how their reactions changed— surprised and shocked.

"What?! A fling to be exact right?" The girl smirked.

"No, she's my girlfriend." He smiled. He put his arms around my waist and slightly pulled me closer to him. "I want you to meet Angela Gracia, my girlfriend." He formally introduced me.

"Wait what? When?" Lily interrupted. I looked at her. She looks surprised and shocked.

"More than a month. Sorry for not telling you about us." I pouted. She sighed and then smiled. Then, I felt relived.

"I understand." She replied. "But you owe me a story." She added and winked.

"You looked bothered." I said when I look at him. His eyes grew bigger.

"What? I'm not." He replied, almost whispering.

"Really?" I replied and fixed my hair.

"Baby."

"Fine, but you need to tell me everything later."

"Alright, later." He said so I smiled.

To be continued,