Chapter One

The Bad Batch

After you almost got shot you saw that the blast went straight into the spider creature badly wounding it but not enough that it stopped fighting.

When you got the chance, you looked behind you to see a sniper rifle positioned right above your head up at the next set of rock formations you were hiding behind.

The sniper, formerly known as Crosshair or CT-9904 didn't see where you were at until he came in contact with you on the way down back to his teammates.

When the fight came to a conclusion you saw Crosshair make his way down towards you, you ran off to find safety but it was too late, Crosshair caught up to you & followed, barely missing you as he tried to fire upon you. You stopped & put your hands up as Crosshair aimed his sniper at you until the other clones came to where you were. "Look, I don't mean to disturb you at all! I was sent here by Captain Rex & the 501st, he sent me because he wanted to see if I was capable of handling things on my own without him or without contact with him. So please, whatever you do, don't hurt me..." You say as the group of clones come up next to you. "Crosshair stand down. Now, you said you know Captain Rex?" One of the clones asked, when he approached you he removed his helmet & you saw that he had a red bandana over his head with a skull painted on it & a black skull painted on the right side of his face. "Yes, I trained with him & his friend, Anakin Skywalker? Who are you guys? You don't look like the regular clones I'm used to seeing, you're all... different." You ask. "We're Clone Force 99, we call ourselves The Bad Batch, I'm Hunter, that's Crosshair, Tech, & Wrecker. & you?" Hunter asks. "I'm Y/N, so are you all clones?" You ask. "Defective clones, separated from the regs." Hunter informs. "Regs?" You ask. "The regular clones, let's just say things don't work out well for us with the regs. Especially Crosshair, he can have a bit of a temper." Hunter says as you look at Crosshair who had his arms crossed, his helmet still on him. "He must be the sniper then, the one that chased me down?" You ask. "Yeah, just keep your distance when you're around him, come on, we're heading to the planet Anaxes, wanna tag along?" Hunter asks. "You sure? Do you trust me enough to join you?" You ask. "It's up to you." Hunter replies as you sigh, look back at the landscape & nod following them towards the Marauder.

As you entered the vessel you looked back to see Crosshair pull Hunter to the side, you shrugged your shoulders & explored the ship until it was time to jump to hyperspace.

"Hunter, what are you doing?! She's just a reg, she doesn't deserve us." Crosshair asks. "We both want different things Crosshair, but for now, she's staying with us." Hunter replies. "Bad play Hunter." Crosshair finishes as Hunter & Crosshair follow each other onto the Marauder & strap everyone in as Tech extends the Marauders wings & leaves the planet Yalbec Prime heading towards Anaxes.

As the Marauder roars through hyperspace you find Crosshair, alone, sitting down with his sniper rifle pointed towards the floor, you decided to go & sit down next to him but just as you sat down he pushed you away leaving a 6 feet gap between you both. "Look, I get it if you don't wanna talk, I'm just trying to learn more about you all." You say. "You're a reg, it's best not to get yourself involved with defective clones... besides, you're not staying with us long, as soon as we finish up our problems on Anaxes, we'll abandon you, so don't get your hopes up." Crosshair says as you get up & walk off running into Hunter. "Hey, better leave him alone, all he'll ever do to you is make you feel unwanted by us, don't worry, we'll protect you, all but Crosshair..." Hunter says. "Has Crosshair always been like that?" You ask. "It depends, but most of the time yes, he suffered a lot more than we all did on Kamino, & not just the part about fitting in with regs & then being separated from them. For Crosshair he wasn't accepting of any of the regs or any of the Kaminoans that had wanted to help him. We all thought the same way about the Kaminoans too but were not all the same, we all have a personality of our own, like you." Hunter says as you nod. "So, why are we heading to Anaxes?" You ask. "We received a transmission from Commander Cody, you may know him, but he requested us to come help them with the battle that has been going on. Seems they need more support than what they already have on their base." Hunter says. "Commander Cody sent you all? That's strange, they have a pretty big battlition put together." You ask yourself. "Yeah, we all question that ourselves, but we get the job done." Hunter says. "So what kind of battle is this?" You ask. "The Confederate fleet, battle droids & what not have taken over most of the area, so, with the help of us, they should have a better advantage at winning." Hunter says as Tech informs Hunter that they were about to jump out of hyperspace. Everyone got buckled up & struggled to hold on to their own bodies as they came in very fast, almost crash landing.

Anaxes:

"I've heard mixed things about these guys. They have a 100 percent success rate." Kix, the medical clone, says to Jesse who was next to him as they walked with Commander Cody & Captain Rex outside to see the Marauder come in. "It's not that they win, It's how they win that worries me." Jesse says as he gets up & catches up with the crew.

When the Marauder comes in they watch out for the jet blast & stand united & strong. "So why haven't I heard of this squad?" Rex asks. "Experimental unit Clone Force 99, they're defective clones with the desirable mutations." Cody informs Rex. "99, eh? Nice touch." Rex says to himself. "They call themselves, The Bad Batch." Cody finishes as the door to the Marauder opens, Hunter in the lead, Tech & Crosshair behind him, & Wrecker in the very back with you staying on the ship after Hunter had ordered you to stay so you wouldn't complicate things further. "The cavalry has arrived!" Wrecker shouts after he removes his helmet.

The team walks up to Cody removing all of their helmets & as they do Hunter exchanges a shake with Commander Cody. "These guys are clones? They don't look like clones to me." Hix says to Jesse questioning the way they look. "Sergeant, good to see you again." Cody says. "You too sir." Hunter says. "This is Hunter." Cody tells Rex who nods. "Sorry we're late Commander, we were putting down an insurrection on Yalbec Prime when your comm came in. Had a few unforeseen... complications." Hunter says. "Hahaha, ever fought a male Yalbec?" Wrecker asks. "Um, no, can't say I have." Jesse replies. "You're lucky, the only way to kill 'em is with one of these." Wrecker says as he shows them his giant glowing yellow knife on his knee holster. "That's right, Wrecker here cut off the Queen's stinger while she was still alive, that's while all those Yalbec males tried to eat us." Hunter says as Tech cuts in. "Uh, technically they were trying to mate with us & for your information, the stinger of a Yalbec queen is very rare delicously on some planets." Tech says. "They call him Tech." Cody says as Hunter nudges Tech. "Yeah, he can fill your head with useless information for hours, Crosshair on the other hand, is not much of a conversationalist, but when you have to hit a precise target from 10 clicks? Crosshairs your man, so Commander, what kind of side mission do you have for us this time?" Hunter asks as a Galactic cruiser pulls up next to them. "Let's go, we'll brief you on the way." Cody says as they all leave on the cruiser while you sit by yourself in the Marauder finding whatever you could to entertain yourself for the time they were gone without you.