Chapter Fifteen

Shand & Bane

After leaving Bracca all of you tried to escape off the planet & get away from the Empire who was trying to shoot them down. “Any sign of that bounty hunter?” Hunter asks. “The only vessel in our scanners is Crosshair’s. & he’s right on top of us.” Tech replies. “It’s getting hot back here!” Wrecker shouts from the back. “Preparing for jump.” Tech says. “Not without Omega!” Hunter orders. “The bounty hunter who took her is long gone. We'll have no chance of finding them if Crosshair shoots us down.” Echo says. “Rear deflector shields are failing.” Tech says. “Ugh, make the jump.” Hunter orders them realizing they didn’t have a choice but to leave Bracca.

On Cad Bane’s ship Omega sat alone in a cell left alone while Cad sat up front but his droid friend came over to Omega watching her closely. “Let me out of here!” Omega orders. “Afraid not, looking for your communication device? It has been confiscated & put away in a secure compartment.” The droid says. “I see it, let me out of here.” Omega asks again. “I would advise you to cooperate Mr. Bane does not respond well to prisoners who are difficult.” The droid says as Cad makes his way down & over to Omega. “How’s my asset doing?” Cad asks. “My name is Omega.Who are you?” Omega asks. “Cad Bane at your service.” Cad says. “Where are you taking me?” Omega asks as Cad stays quiet & walks away. “You’ll be sorry, when my friends come for me.” Omega adds. “Your friends are long gone, I made sure of that. No one is coming for you little lady, now sit tight & don’t cause any trouble.” Cad says. “& when will you have time to fix my leg? It is quite inconvenient, Bane? Mr. Bane? Mr. Bane?” The droid keeps asking him, following him all the way up to the cockpit. Cad Bane informs the Prime Minister of Kamino who he was working for about Omega & that he has her in his hands. “This is all that clone’s fault, he shot my leg off!” The droid returns complaining to Omega. “He was protecting me, that’s what friends do. Why isn’t yours helping you?” Omega asks. “Mr. Bane is very busy.” The droid says trying to fix his own leg but fails. “I could fix your leg if you want? I mean it’s a simple booster adjustment. I've done it a bunch of times for AZI-3 back on Kamino.” Omega asks. “I am a techno service droidI am quite capable of completing my own repairs, you are a prisoner & are not to be trusted.” The droid replies. “Have it your way.” Omega finishes as she relaxes herself in the cell.

Back in the middle of space the Marauder glided through space while inside everyone was looking to where Omega would be trying to get answers for Hunter. “Your description of the bounty hunter is a match to one of the one’s from the republic’s files.” Echo says. “That’s him.” Hunter confirmed. “Cad Bane. he had multiple run-ins with the Jedi & was responsible for attempting to abduct Chancellor palpatine.” Echo says. “First the bounty hunter on Cantora now this guy! Why are they after the kid?” Wrecker shouts. “Because she is more valuable than we realized.” Tech adds. “What do you mean?” Hunter asks. “I further analyzed Omega’s genetics profile & discovered she has pure generation DNA.” Tech says. “Woah, wait what does that mean?” Wrecker asks. “All clones were created from a host named Jango Fett, while our genetics structure was changed for growth exertion & obedience, Omega is a pure genetic replication.” Tech says. “How many clones like that exist?” Hunter asks. “To my knowledge there's only one other, a male clone, code name Alpha, later referred to as Boba. since he disappeared at the start of the war that makes Omega the sole living source of Fett’s raw genetic material.” Tech finishes. “If she’s vital to the Kaminoans cloning operation, they must have put the bounty on her!” Echo adds. “So how do we find this bounty hunter?” Wrecker asks. “Tech check with Cid, see if the contacts know anything. We’ll keep monitoring comms.” Hunter says as you appear from behind Hunter all patched up like Hunter & healing. “What is it with these bounty hunters, don’t they know who we are?” You ask. “No, that’s the point, bounty hunter’s aren’t supposed to know who people are, all they are after are the credits they receive from their bosses & to us we now know that the Kaminoans are playing a big role in finding Omega & taking her from us.” Hunter replies as you nod. “& what about Crosshair? Does he have any role to play in this?” You ask as Hunter shakes his head no. “No, at least that we know of, our current mission is finding Omega, then we’ll find out what our next task is from Cid or whatever crosses our path.” Hunter finishes as you walk past the batch & sit up in the cockpit relaxing & looking off into the starry night sky. “We’ll find you Omega, you just gotta buy us sometime to get to you.” You say to yourself.