Chapter Two

CT - 1409

“Hunter, where are you?! The point of you giving me a comm device means you stay in touch with me not just go off on a mission leaving me & not staying in contact with me.” You say to yourself on the Marauder rolling your eyes & deciding to get off the ship & see what was going on.

When you sneakily escaped from the Marauder you hid behind a large container holding extra supplies for clones, as you looked around you tried finding The Bad Batch but they were nowhere to be found, however, you did see clones, clones that you had known from your years on Kamino you spent with some of them. You decide not to intervene, instead head back to the Marauder & wait for a transmission from Hunter or one of the other members of the team.

On the cruiser heading towards where the separatists set up their base, Jesse & Crosshair had a stare down at each other. “What are you looking at?” Jesse asks. “We don’t usually work with regs.” Crosshair replies, flinging his toothpick at him. “Regs!” Jesse questions as Hunter steps in & tells him to stand down. “He’s talking about regular clones, but don’t take it personal.” Hunter says. “Were all on the same team so cut the attitude and listen up, here's the mission our target is this cybercenter it’s the brains of the entire sepratist campaign here on Anaxes.” Cody informs the team. “I can demolish that, with one hand! Ya!” Wrecker yells. “This isn’t a demo job Wrecker, it’s strictly a retrieval operation.” Cody says.

The cruiser flies down into the canyon area & just as they were about to land seperatist forces fired open their cruiser & sent it crashing downwards.

When the cruiser crashed Cody was badly injured & stuck underneath the cruiser but with the help of Wrecker, he lifted the cruiser, carried Cody out of there on his back shoulder & continued walking forward as the cruiser blew up into flames behind him. “Boom.” Wrecker says as he sets down Cody & Kix examines him.  “He has internal damage, I can cut the pain, but he needs help fast.” Kix says as he removes his backpack & removes medical supplies to help Cody.

As Kix helps Cody, Crosshair looks outward to see a squad of seperatist forces marching towards them. “We all need help.” Crosshair says. “We’ll hold this position & let them come to us.” Rex says. “I don’t think so Captain, that’s not our style, we prefer going to them. Bad Batch, plan 82, shockwave.” Hunter informs his team as the team up & run towards the enemy & shockwave them & get out of the battle they got themselves involved in when they crashed.

When the battle had ended & all separatist forces were taken care of, they returned to Rex who was impressed by their tactics. “That was some show you put on just now.” Rex says. “Just doing our job Captain.” Hunter says as he looks over at Wrecker & Crosshair. “Haha, hey look Crosshair, this little clanker likes you!” Wrecker says grabbing a droid head & waving it at Crosshair. “Eh, grow up Wrecker.” Crosshair replies. “We should move out before more reinforcements arrive.” Rex says. “Sounds good Captain, we’ll follow you.” Hunter says as they all follow Rex to a campsite on the outskirts of the planet Anaxes. “I get what makes the other batches unique, what’s so special about Hunter?” Jesse asks as he chills out next to Kix. “He can put up with the other 3.” Kix replies as Tech cuts in. “He was engineered with heightened senses, a place like the cybercenter Hunter can feel the electromagnetic frequencies from anywhere on the planet.” Tech informs. “& here I thought we were smart just using a holo map.” Jesse says. “Well, maps can be wrong, Hunter, never is.” Tech says as Hunter looks back to see Cody struggling with the pain. “Hang in there Cody.” Rex says as he pats him & walks towards the group. “Listen up, we have to move out.” Rex says as Crosshair doesn’t agree with him & goes up to him. “Commander Cody is in no position to move.” Crosshair says. “Already called in an evac. Kix will stay with Cody until he arrives. I’m in charge now. & I’ve got a plan to get into that cybercenter.” Rex informs. “If your plans are so good, why did Commander Cody have to call us in?” Crosshair asks. “You can’t talk to Captain Rex like that!” Jesse yells out. “Says who!” Wrecker says grabbing Jesse by his throat & not letting go. “Put him down!” Rex orders as Kix tries to go after Crosshair. “Stay out of it.” Crosshair says. “Hey! Watch it.” Kix replies. “Uh, guys come on,” Tech says as Hunter walks up. “Wrecker, drop him. Now.” Hunter orders as Wrecker lets him go moaning as he does. “Fellas, come on! We're all fighting for the same thing, right? Alright then, let’s cut the chatter & finish what we started, we’ll do it your way Captain, for Commander Cody.” Hunter says. “Ok, good to know we've all come to terms with each other, let’s gear up & move out.” Rex says as everyone gets ready to head out & finish what they started.

Back on the base on Anaxes, the Marauder still stayed where it was at when you & the batch arrived & you continued to wander about until finally a comm came through the nav computer on the Marauder. “Hunter? Is that you?” You ask. “Yeah, it’s me kid, we’ve ran into some trouble over the canyons, Commander Cody is injured but we still have a mission to complete, we’ll be back around with you shortly.” Hunter informs you as the comms go off just as you were about to ask Hunter something.

You knew Hunter told you to stay on the ship & not intervene with their mission so you continued to stay on the Marauder as ordered by Hunter & waited for them to return.

After waiting to move in when they reach their target they were supposed to destroy, the Bad Batch march into battle with Rex & take down the battle droids they were greeted by when they arrived, Crosshair stayed up high & head shot battle droids while also keeping an eye on the perimeter. When they breach the entrance they find an elevator & take that to the second floor where they fought off more battle droids that were clueless.

When they get to the cybercenter Tech slowly tries to hack open the bay door but is scared by Wrecker who banged himself against the wall & opened the door with his fists. “What took you so long Wrecker?” Rex asks as Jesse & Rex meet up with Hunter & Wrecker. “Hey, this is a delicate operation.” Wrecker replies. Rex goes to find Tech who found a hidden frequency from another planet, Skako Minor. “A live signal from Skako Minor?” Rex asks as Tech plays the frequency. “What is that? It sounds almost… human?” Tech asks. “It can’t be?!” Rex questions as suddenly they hear CT - 1409 being repeated. “I… I don’t believe it!” Rex says as he puts on his helmet & joins the rest of the batch & escapes.

On the stolen transport Crosshair retrieved Rex explained what he heard. “Who’s number was that?” Hunter asks. “That was Echo’s number. He's alive.” Rex says as the ship returns back to the Marauder where General Anakin Skywalker was waiting. When they arrive Hunter & Rex go to see Anakin. “Remember the primary goal is to learn how the separatists are predicting our strategy whether Echo is behind it or not, just make sure you're ready. Got the go ahead from General Kenobi.” Anakin says. “If you said he’d already approve the mission, why wait? Let's get going.” Rex says. “First, we have that thing to do.” Anakin says. “What thing?” Rex asks. “You know.” Anakin says as Rex sighs. “I’ll just leave you two to sort this out, I’ll be waiting on the ship with the rest of the team.” Hunter says as he returns to the ship where Hunter found you. “Hey, good to see you made it back in one piece, how’d it go?” You ask. “It’s not over yet Y/N, looks like we have one more mission before we set out. We're just here to wait on the ship until the General & the Captain return from their thing.” Hunter says. “Wait? Captain Rex is here? & General Skywalker?!” You ask. “Yeah, they’re here, don’t worry, you’ll see them soon.” Hunter says as he walks off to relax while the rest of the batch entertain themselves in their own ways.

On the base Anakin heads into Rex’s quarters to talk with Padme who was pregnant & Rex waited outside. “Oh, great.” Rex says as General Kenobi approaches him, Rex bangs on the door telling Anakin to hurry up. “Rex, where is Anakin? I need to speak to him about this mission.” Kenobi asks. “General he’s uh…” Rex pauses. “Well he’s inside your barracks isn’t he?” Kenobi asks. “Yes sir, just waiting for the General, uh, General.” Rex says. “You’ll have to do better than that.” Kenobi informs him. “He’s spot checking my gear sir. Well um.” Rex pauses as Anakin leaves his barracks returning Rex’s helmet to him. “Here you go Rex, & try not to break it again.” Anakin says. “Um, about this mission.” Kenobi asks, trying to cut in on the conversation. “Come on Rex, let’s get moving.” Anakin says. “No wait, that’s not.” Kenobi pauses as Anakin chats over him. “No time.” he replies. “I hope you at least told Padme I said hello.” Kenobi says as Rex is stunned & Anakin looks back at him with a grin on his face as they both head towards the Marauder where Rex & Anakin were surprised to see a familiar face.