Chapter Thirteen

The Truth & Order 66

After finishing up a mission for Cid the Batch find themselves in a blaster fight across the dark starry galaxy sky & struggle to refix their hyperdrive that had failed on the Marauder, you all hang on & struggle as Hunter tries to fight them off with the back cannon where Omega’s room was while everyone else stay strapped in or tried fixing the hyperdrive. “Aww! What’s with these guys!” Wrecker shouts. “Well we did steal from them!” Omega says as a small creature falls out of the crate & Wrecker tries to atrive the creature but fails after banging his head & Omega manages to catch the creature & at a good time. “Hyperdrive’s online!” Echo yells across the Marauder. “Well, what are we waiting for?! Punch it!” You order as Tech gets the Marauder out of the mess they were in & returns to Ord Mantell & gives the creature to Cid, & Omega named the creature already naming her, Ruby.

“That is one strange looking lizard.” Cid says after the Batch & the rest of you arrive at her bar. “What’s your client want her for?” Echo asks. “Maybe it’s a pet, maybe he wants to turn it into a stew, don’t know, don’t care.” Cid says. “As long as you get paid.” Hunter adds. “Now you're catching on. & guess what? That means you get paid too. Bring the lizard in the back.” Cid says as Echo grabs Ruby & walks with Tech & you to her office while Omega stops Hunter before he joins up with the rest of you. “Hunter?” Omega asks as he turns around & doesn’t have a good idea on what Omega & Wrecker are up to. “What are you two up to?” Hunter asks. “The missions over, can we go?” Wrecker asks asking to go get mantell mix with Omega. “Again?” Hunter asks. “It’s a tradition! It makes the kid happy.” Wrecker says. “Uh huh, the kid? Ugh, don’t take long.” Hunter says walking off while Omega & Wrecker go off the get mantell mix.

In the distance in the bar a strange figure hiding watches Hunter closely as he meets up with you, Tech, Echo, and Cid. “Alright fellas, here’s your cut.” Cid says handing Hunter over the credits. “Woah, woah, woah, you said the job paid 3 times this.” Hunter asks. “For me! Not for you.” Cid replies. “& just how is this mutually beneficial arrangement?” Echo asks. “You’re breathing aren’t ya?! Being generous considering the debt you owe me.” Cid says. “What debt?” Hunter asks as Cid throws over the tablet. “Docking fees, port charges, gear, fuel, rations, & 20 cartoons of mantell mix?” Hunter asks while Wrecker & Omega eat up on their mantell mix. “That’ll be 14 credits for the mantell mix.” The woman at the counter asks. “Yeah, put it on Cid's tab.” Wrecker replies.

“Now, I like you boys, but I’m not running a charity here! You need a big score for us to be square.” Cid tells you all. “Like what?” Echo asks. “Like retrieving that tactical droid but you bungled that op, I suggest you figure something out before you see my ugly side!” Cid says. “That’s not her ugly side?” Tech asks. “What was that goggles?” Cid asks as suddenly blaster fire rings out from in the bar & you, Hunter, Tech, Echo, & Cid all run to figure out what was going on.

A hooded man sets down his blaster on the game table while Cid pushes past the batch. “Hey! What’s going on in here? Who are you?” Cid asks as he removes his hood & you all are surprised. “Rex?” Echo asks. “Oh great, another clone just what I needed, well don’t get comfy I’m done taking in strays. This ain’t a clone clubhouse you know.” Cid says as she walks off leaving you & the batch to handle things out with Rex. “Captain?” Hunter asks, putting his blaster away. “It’s been a while, boys.” Rex replies. “Where have you been Rex?” Echo asks as you grin as you were pleased to see Rex again. “Mhm, that’s a long story.” Rex says as the batch & Rex walk over to the bar table & talk. “& when the war ended, I guess you could say I’ve been keeping a low profile.” Rex says. “Very low, Imperial files have you listed as killed in action.” Tech adds. “Being dead in the Empire’s eyes has its advantages.” Rex replies. “Well how’d you track us down?” Echo asks. “Trace & Rafa Martes, they said a squad of rogue clones helped them on Corellia. They told me I could find you here. & that you were traveling with a kid, who is she?” Rex asks Hunter who was beside him. “Omega, she’s a clone, like us.” Hunter replies as Rex is shocked & turns around the see Wrecker & Omega. “Well look who it is! Come here Rex!” Wrecker says picking him up & then setting him back down. “Yeah, good to see you too Wrecker.” Rex says. “I thought you didn’t like the regs?” Omega asks. “This one we like.” Wrecker says. “Omega, this is Rex.” Hunter says as Rex gets down onto her level & speaks with her. “I’ve met many clones in my time, but never one like you.” Rex says as Omega approaches him. “You're a generation 1.” Omega says. “Now how’d you know that?” Rex asks. “From the lines in your face.” Omega says as Rex lets out a light chuckle. “Yeah I guess I’ve been around.” Rex says looking back at you & the batch. “Yeah you got that right. Ugh, ow, Tech? I need one of those med patches.” Wrecker asks. “You used the last one.” Tech says as Rex gets concerned & stands himself up. “What’s wrong?” Rex asks. “Nothing, it’s just a headache.” Wrecker replies. “That has become more frequent.” Echo adds. “Is that so?” Rex asks. “If you are concerned about these so-called inhibitor chips don’t be, our deviant nature has seemed to impede functionality, except in Crosshair.” Tech says. “You're telling me, you haven’t removed your chips?” Rex asks, reaching for his blaster. “Rex?” Hunter asks. “Those chips make you a threat, to everyone around you, even her, your all ticking time bombs.” Rex says. “Take it easy captain.” Hunter says. “What’s in your head is more dangerous than you can imagine, I’ve seen what happens when the chip activates & I don’t wanna bury any more of our brothers. Trust me, it is not something you can control, I couldn’t. It’s a risk you do not want to take.” Rex says as Hunter sighs looking at you then Omega. “How do you suggest we get them out?” Hunter asks. “Good question. I’ll be in touch.” Rex says as Rex returns to his ship while you & the batch return to the Marauder & travel through hyperspace meeting up with Rex. “I don’t like this plan.” Wrecker says pacing around the Marauder. “We agreed to meet Rex on Bracca, that’s what we're doing.” Hunter says, reassuring him. “He wants to cut open my head!” Wrecker replies. “All of our heads actually.” Tech adds. “Not mine, I don’t have an inhibitor chip.” Omega says as she helps out Tech while you stay out of the conversation & relax in Omega’s room. “Why not! That’s not fair!” Wrecker asks. “How’s the chip scanner coming?” Hunter asks. “Since Rex’s chip was removed I am able to establish a baseline by comparing his brain scan to ours  allowing for the detection of any secular enomeny.” Tech says walking away. “He means it’s almost finished.” Omega says joining Tech. “Do we really have to do this?” Wrecker asks. “If Rex is sure, we should trust him.” Hunter says as the Marauder jumps out of hyperspace & the Marauder lands on the outskirts of the planet Bracca & parks beside Rex’s bomber he escaped on with Ahsoka.