Chapter Seventeen

The Empire Rises

On the capital city of Ryloth the Syndulla family ready’s themselves for their speech about the rise of the empire taking place on their home planet & speaking out about it. “I have a visual, Gobby fighters are here.” Crosshair informs Rampart who was up top with the Syndulla’s. “I’m disappointed Senator Tar, despite our new refinery bringing countless jobs to your citizens, they seem troubled by our presence.” Rampart says. “Not at all, I speak for the people when I see that partnership is welcomed. Wouldn’t you agree Sydulla?” The Senator asks. “I will always support whatever helps Ryloth.” Sydulla replies. “& what about you, General? Do you share your wife’s outlook?” Rampart asks. “After years spent fighting peace, is what is needed.” The General replies. “& with peace comes prosperity. This is a new era for Ryloth. Shall we?” The Senator asks as everyone around agrees. “Everything alright General?” A new clone asks. “I should be content that the war is over but change is not always easy, I would hope my people accept this peace.” The General replies. “Ryloth is safe Cham, this is what you fought for.” The clone adds. “Yes it is.” Cham replies as he goes to meet up with the rest. “Thanks to the generosity of the galactic empire our new refinery will bring stability & growth to Ryloth, once again, now is the time for all tweiliks to step down from their military post and enjoy our heart of freedom. With order throughout the galaxy the empire has offered its value and army to protect us.” The Senator says as the crowd begins to argue asking for Cham. “My friends, I understand your uneasiness, the things we have always done as people is stand together to defend Ryloth, when the Clone War began and the Republic was losing we were on our own but when our loss is mounted & the enemy closed in the Clone army came to our aid we would not be here today if it wasn’t for them. They fought with us, they fought for us, & they have earned our respect, I trust them to protect us as they always have. The war has ended, let us lay down our weapons & focus on Ryloth’s future.” Cham says making his people cheer for him & agree with him. “What is your daughter not here to share in this?” Rampart asks Eleni, Hera’s mother. “Hera, has other interests, admiral.” She replies as Rampart walks off & she thinks that the Empire has other plans that they are hiding from them.

On the outskirts of Ryloth Hera Syndulla & her trusted, yet clumsy droid friend, Chopper watch as the Empire builds on an area belonging to them on Ryloth while Hera dreams of being up in the sky flying through the galaxy. “Anything suspicious yet?” Hera asks Chopper. “Let me take a look, ugh, I don’t know Chop, nothing looks out of the ordinary. Just a mining facility. I overheard my father say this is only the first location. No! We can’t go, uncle Gorr told us to stay & gather intel.” Hera says as she walks off & sits down watching ships fly by & birds, she kept enjoying the view until fellow clones found her. “Chopper?” Hera asks as the clones take Hera & Chopper back home.

“Clones should not be the one’s defending Ryloth, how can Cham support this?” Gorr asks. “He knows the people are tired of fighting, we can’t go on as we have been.” Syndulla replies. “By turning over our weapons he has left us defenseless, I can’t accept that.I’ve already reached out to my contact to acquire more.” Gorr says as suddenly they both hear Chopper. “What happened now?” Sydulla asks herself as Cham spots them & goes over to them, clones following behind her & Chopper leaving Hera to do the explaining. “Sorry about this General, but they were found inside a restricted area zone.” The clone says. “Pft, we were just exploring.” Hera explains. “I’m in a tough spot Cham, between us it’s tense at the moment, I’ll report this but it can’t happen again.” The clone informs. “I assure you it won't, thank you Howzer.” Cham says sending him on his way. “What were you doing out there?” Cham asks. “I already told you?” Hera replies. “I want the truth, Hera.” Cham orders. “I sent her.” Gorr says walking up to Cham. “Hera, Chopper, inside, now.” Eleni orders. “It’s not fair, we didn’t do anything wrong.” Hera says. “The Imperial refinery is off limits Hera, you know that.” Eleni says. “Uh, I never said we were at the refinery.” Hera adds. “I have my ways too, now tell me what you saw, leave nothing out.” Eleni says walking off with her & Chopper.