Chapter Six

When you, Hunter, & Crosshair come back Hunter informs the rest of the batch on what they're doing next, you all follow Hunter towards the Marauder & hop in & strap in. “Tech, plot a course back to Kamino, I’ll inform you all on what we’re doing on the way there.” Hunter says as Tech fires up the Marduer & you all leave Kaller returning to Kamino.

“Alright, we’re heading back for one simple objective, find out what is going on. When we get there I want us all splitting up & meeting each other back in our barracks, got it?” Hunter asks as everyone nods & so does he.  Up in the cockpit of the Marauder behind Tech sat Crosshair & Hunter who was beside him & you, who was co-pilot for the very little time Tech let you. “Are you sure that Padawan died when he fell?” Crosshair asks. “I’m sure I’m sure, why?” Hunter asks. “When someone falls you usually look down, not across.” Crosshair continues. “Well some of us don’t like to watch.” Hunter says as you look back at Hunter who looked back at you, Crosshair glanced at you but said nothing.

You have Hunter a, “We need to talk,” look & he got up with you & walked towards the back of the Marauder. “What’s going on?” Hunter asked. “It’s Crosshair, I think he’s acting this way because of his inhibitor chip, I heard about the inhibitor chips from Fives before he died, he said that it’s in all clones, maybe even defective clones as well. I just don’t wanna lose any more of my brother’s.” You explain as Hunter rests his hand on your left shoulder. “Y/N, we’re not losing Crosshair, we’ll find a way to help him. Sometime.” Hunter says as he returns his hand to his side. “When Hunter? He’s like a ticking time bomb just waiting for the right moment to snap & go crazy… like Fives… we can’t just sit around & wait.” You say. “Look, Y/N, take a break, he’ll come back around, let’s just get our objective done & we’ll see where we go from there.” Hunter says as he walks past you & you watch him as he leaves.

When the Marauder soars through the clouds above Kamino, two republic fighters approach on both sides of the Marauder. “Looks like we got company.” You say with a sigh. “Please send us your clearance code.” A clone orders as Tech sends them their clearance code & then the republic fighter’s fly in with them until they separate when the Marauder reaches the hangar. “Looks like things aren’t going well here either with Order 66.” Echo says as you nod. “Shock troopers? What is the coursant guard doing here?” Hunter asks himself. “This isn't’t a drill.” Tech says. “Aw man, what we miss now!” Wrecker asks as a coursant commander approaches them. “The end of the war.” The trooper says. “Say again trooper.” Hunter orders. “General Grievous was defeated on Utapau, the separatists leadership has collapsed. The war is over.” The trooper informs you all. “Just like I said.” Tech says. It is just like you said.” Wrecker says in shock as Hunter watches as a fallen Jedi drops their lightsaber & the coursant guard retrieves it. “Is there a problem?” the coursant trooper asks as you all speculate & try to figure out what is going on. “No problem, we’ll just head to our barracks then.” Hunter says. “Better hurry, there’s a mandatory meeting at 15, 100.” The coursant guard finishes as the batch walk away into the corridor.

“Hunter? I thought we had an objective here on Kamino? Where'd that go?” You ask. “We found out what’s going on, now let’s get to our barracks.” Hunter says as you stick beside him. “It’s not just the clones on Kaller, all the regs are acting strange.” Hunter says. “Let’s test your theory, excuse me trooper, what division are you from?” Tech asks clones that were walking past them. “Step aside.” A trooper says as he nudges into Tech’s shoulder. “Oh, well they seem the same to me.” Tech finishes as you all reach the barracks & walk in. “Ah, good to be back!” Wrecker says, setting his helmet down. “The smells getting worse.” Echo says. “You're still new, you’ll get used to it.” Hunter chimes in as Crosshair pushes past you all. “Speak for yourself.” Crosshair says as you roll your eyes. “Op, I’ll get the board!” Wrecker says grabbing his knife & making a mark on the wall. “What board is that supposed to symbolize?” You ask as you watch Wrecker. “All the completed missions.” Hunter says from a distance as you walk off. “11 more successful missions, ha, like there was any doubt!” Wrecker says as he walks away from the board. “Kaller wasn’t a win.” Echo replies. “Says who? We completed our objective!” Wrecker asks. “Not every objective, Hunter let that Jedi kid escape, or do want to keep lying to us.” Crosshair says as everyone focuses on what’s going on between Hunter & Crosshair. “I don’t like to think of executing our commanders as a mission objective.” Hunter says walking over to the window. “An order, is an order.” Crosshair says as he walks over to him & Hunter turns back around to face him. “Since when!” Hunter asks as Crosshair says nothing. “None of this makes sense! Those clones served alongside General Billaba for years, how could they turn on her like that!” Echo asks. “Because of the regs programming.” Tech adds. “What programming?” Hunter asks. “It’s been well documented that the kaminoans inhibited competitive functions of clones to engineer them to follow orders without questions.” Tech says. “Ha! We sure don’t!” Wrecker says attacking Crosshair with his stuffed Lula doll. “Obviously we are different,they manipulated pre existing adborations in our dna, resulting in Wreckers brute strength, Crosshairs sharp shooting skills, Hunter’s enhanced senses, & my exceptional mind. My guess is we are immune to the effects of the programming, though I can’t be 100 percent certain of it.” Tech finishes. “What about Echo? He was a reg before he joined us.” Hunter adds. “Yeah, if all regs were programmed why didn’t I react like the others?” Echo asks. “The damage you sustained on Skako Minor most likely whipped out all of your pre-set modifications. You are more machine than man, percentage wise at least.” Tech says. “Lucky me.” Echo replies as an inner comm comes on ordering all personnel to report to the briefing area on Kamino. “Looks like we better get going.” You say with a sigh. “This is one meeting I do not want to miss.” Hunter says walking out with the batch. “First time for everything.” Tech adds.