Chapter Fourteen

Trouble on Bracca

Back on Kamino Crosshair receives the news from the scraper guild on Bracca & walks with his elite squad & goes to inform Rampart who was in a conversation with the Prime Minister at the time.

Crosshair walked in the room by himself while his troops stood on guard outside & waited for him to return. “Scrapers on Bracca reported a power surge on a Jedi cruiser.” Crosshair interrupts Rampart & the Prime Minister. “Send a scout team.” Rampart orders. “We’ll need more than that, it’s Clone Force 99.” Crosshair says showing a hologram of Hunter. “Admiral Rampart the clones of experimental Clone Force 99 are highly skilled assets; it would be most beneficial to have them return alive.” The Prime Minister says. “I have no interest in a squad of rogue clone deserters. If you find them on Bracca, terminate them.” Rampart orders of Crosshair as he nods & walks off.

Back on Bracca the batch keep a low profile on the planet staying out of sight of the scrapers & Wrecker teaches Omega how to disarm an explosive. “& that’s how you disable a thermal explosive. There’s tons of live ordinates buried in the shipyard, if you trip one, you need to know how to disable it.” Wrecker says. “Seems simple enough.” Omega replies. “Well, if you're so sure. Here, disarm it.” Wrecker says resembling the explosive & handing it over to Omega. “Me!? I only watched you once!” Omega says. “10 seconds till we're both gooners. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6…” Wrecker counts down. “I don't know which one to cut next!” Omega asks. “Better get it right! 3, 2, 1. Obviously not that one, too late, run for it!” Wrecker says as Omega hides.

After the explosion Omega peeks around from her hiding spot to find Wrecker who was laughing & she came out from hiding. “Haha, got ya!” Wrecker says. “Ugh, why didn’t it explode?” Omega asks. “Because it’s a smoke bomb! You think I’d let you train with a live explosive? I’m not crazy?! Haha, you should have seen your face.” Wrecker says. “Wrecker, Omega, wrap it up I want us off of the Jedi cruiser.” Echo says hopping down from above. “How’d the test go?” Echo asks. “I don’t wanna talk about it.” Omega replies. “Cheer up kid, I’ve failed my first disarming test too. With my help, you’ll be a pro in no time.” Wrecker says as they all walk off finding scrapers that were watching them. “We’ve got eyes on us.” Echo informs the group. “Yeah I see em’.” Wrecker replies. “How many?” Omega asks. “At least 3, just stay casual, Wrecker. Are you ready?” Echo asks. “Waiting on you.” Wrecker replies as they both run in leaving Omega alone & you decide to go down & stay with Omega while Echo & Wrecker try to take down the scrapers before they get away. “Hunter! Tech, we were spotted by scrapers.” Echo says over comms. “Wrecker’s in pursuit, he says he has it under control.” Omega adds. “That’s not comforting.” Tech says. “Echo, get a visual.” Hunter orders. “I’m on it.” Echo replies as he manages to get up high & stun him while Omega & you catch up with Wrecker. “Are you ok?” Omega asks. “I, I was just waiting to make my move.” Wrecker says as you smile & return to where Hunter & Tech were overlooking the scrapyard. “Rex warned us about those scraper patrols on Bracca, & we should leave.” Echo asks. “In our present situation, we need money & we have a chance to make a lot of it right here.” Hunter replies. “Ha, in this dump? How?” Wrecker asks. “Tech, what’s the potential haul inside this cruiser?” Hunter asks Tech who was behind him. “My scans indicate the armory bay & equipment have not been fully off loaded; the Dignoga must have drawn them away.” Tech says. “Just a few of those weapons should clear our debt with Cid.” Hunter says. “We’re soldiers, not armed smugglers.” Echo says. “There’s no republic for us to rely on anymore. We're presented with an opportunity here, we have to take it.” Hunter says. “I would also add that the intel central system has the potential to be far more than any weapon.” Tech adds. “Ugh, not to me.” Wrecker says. “Tech, get the power online & whatever intel you can gather.” Hunter asks of Tech. “Uh, what do we do about them?” Omega asks asking about the stunned scrapers. “Look, we get what we need before they even wake up.” Hunter says as they all run further into the ship finding what they need & doing what they need to do not knowing that the Empire knows where they are & are coming after them.