Chapter Twenty Two

Mission Failed

BAD BATCH SEASON 2 SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
After a span of 6 months pass by, Omega has gotten older & the bad batch brothers have changed their armor making it difficult for the Empire to make out who they are. However, they do still know their clones.

On an off distant planet away from the Empire Omega & the batch are on a mission to get supplies, Omega however, is being taught by Tech & learning about every Imperial ship in the fleet. Omega takes a moment to herself looking up at the clear blue sky looking at the ocean down below as she sits on the outside of the Marauder. “This unscheduled break means you're fully versed in every ship in the Imperial fleet?” Tech asks, grabbing her datapad that she was not holding. “Ugh! Do I have to do them right now?” Omega asks. “Taking a break does not give you a pass on your studies.” Tech says as Omega sighs & takes back the datapad while Hunter comms over. “Tech, we got the cargo. We need a pickup.” Hunter orders. “Wrecker woke the pod didn’t he?” Tech asks. “Yeah, & there not happy!” Hunter replies. “We’re on our way!” Omega chimes in as she runs into the Marauder & puts on her helmet while Tech flies the Marauder. As the Marauder appears from out of palm trees Hunter goes into full dad mode after seeing Omega hanging from the Marauder. “Why is Omega hanging from the ship?!” Hunter asks Tech over comms. “It is an unscheduled study break!” Tech replies as Omega fires her bow onto the crab-like creatures that were attacking the batch. After the batch got back on the Marauder Tech jumped into hyperspace heading to Ord Mantell. “Thanks for the help back there, next time try staying inside the ship.” Hunter says as he catches his breath. “I’ll try. But it was still pretty fun.” Omega replies by removing her helmet & Hunter smiles back at her.

When the batch arrive on Ord Mantell they keep a low profile, keeping their heads down until they get into Cid’s bar & follow her into her office to see a new face, Phee Genoa. “Better late than dead, it’s what I always say.” Phee says, her legs resting up on the table. “& who are you?” Hunter asks. “Wouldn’t you like to know. So, this is the top team, the rouge clones on the run from the Empire.” Phee says getting up from Cid’s desk & meeting the batch. “You told her.” Hunter asks Cid. “Relax, Phee’s a friend.” Cid replies. “Aren't clones supposed to look alike? So much for quality control. This one’s too big, this one’s too small, this one’s got a face tattoo, heh, real subtle. Oh, hey now. Got a name brown eyes?” Phee asks, looking at Tech & checking him out. “Tech, & the phenotypic eye color for all clones is brown.” Tech replies continuing on until Phee interrupts. “Well as fascinating as this has been, I have places to be. You, let’s see those muscles in action. Grab that, & follow me.” Phee says as Wrecker exchanges a look at Hunter asking if it was ok if he left, Hunter replied with a nod. “Ugh, yes ma'am.” Wrecker replies grabbing the crate & following Phee. “& Cid, that intel is not free, odds of your top team handling this, aren’t likely.” Phee finishes. “What is she talking about?” Hunter asks. “Your next mission. You all are heading to the Outer Rim.” Cid says as she shows them a map of where they were heading. “That is castle Cerreno, the former home of Count Dooku.” Tech adds. “Who’s that?” Omega asks. “A jedi who betrayed the Republic and lead the separatists into a war.” Echo replies. “With him now dead his entire war chest is up for grabs, the Empires have already been starting to take everything away from the palace. But there's still time to strike before it’s all gone.” Cid says. “Too much of a risk, you want that warchest, I suggest you go after it yourself.” Hunter talks with Omega to teach her more about the ships while Cid talks with the rest of the gang about convincing Hunter. “Alright, now all we gotta do is convince dark & broody.” Cid says. “Convince me about what?” Hunter asks walking over to rest of the crew. “We took a vote, & we wanna go after the war chest.” Wrecker explains. “It’s unanimous, even killjoy over here agreed.” Cid says as Echo feels offended. “Cerreno is Imperial occupied, we stayed off the Empire’s radar since Kamino, why chance it now?” Hunter asks. “Because the contents of just one of those containers would be worth more than all the jobs you did for me combined, you can buy your freedom.” Cid says. “We’re already free.” Hunter replies. “It’s cute you think that, clearly your not paying attention to what’s happening out there, but I am. It’s only a matter of time before the Empire comes here & then my whole operation is over. Which means no more jobs for you.” Cid says. “She does have a valid point.” Tech adds. “You wanna really be free? Then pull off this heist & you can have a future, isn’t that what you're after?” Cid asks as Hunter looks over at Omega who was doing her own work. “Alright, we’ll do it.” Hunter says as they all leave back to the Marauder & blast off towards Cerreno.