Chapter Eight

Wanted

“So where are we heading?” You ask. “Saleucami, we know a friend out there, Cut Lawquane? You may have heard about him from Rex.” Hunter says. “Yeah, I know who he is, why are we going to see him?” You ask. “We need a place to lay low from the Empire, he might be able to help us out.” Hunter says as you nod. “Look, Hunter. I’m sorry about Crosshair.” You say. “Don’t be, he made his decision & we made ours. We’ll get him back, we just need to give ourselves time.” Hunter says as you nod & go over to Omega who was sitting in the back of the ship where the back gunner was. “Hey Omega, how you holding up after that fight?” You ask as you walk over to her & sit down. “I’m alright, really. How'd the batch find you?” Omega asks as you sigh. “Well, long story short, Captain Rex, a reg, I trained with him, he sent me on my first solo mission without any way to keep in contact with him, he sent me to this planet where I saw the batch fighting off this spider looking creature, pretty weird seeing it even from a distance & let’s just say from their things didn’t go as planned, but the batch accepted me into their group though Crosshair wasn’t too happy about me joining. So, about you Omega, how do you know us so well?” You ask. “I was on Kamino for most of my life so I saw a lot of clones, the ones that sticked out to me the most were The Bad Batch, their different than the rest of the normal clones, & you, I saw you quite a lot, heading to training, heading to your barracks, or catching up with other clones like Echo. Even though Echo is new to the batch, I don’t forget a familiar face.” Omega says. “Even though he looks…” You pause. “Different? Yeah, I know a clone when I see one. So are you just a regular clone or defective like the batch except Echo.” Omega asks. “Can you keep this secret between you & I?” You ask to get closer to Omega so she could hear you as you whispered. “I won’t tell if you won’t.” Omega replies with a smile. “Ok, I am a defective clone Omega, I’m like the batch, I didn’t train with them or even know who they were until I came across them on my first mission, they don’t know it yet & I’m hoping they don’t find out even though they might already know.” You say. “You're gonna have to tell them eventually Y/N you shouldn’t keep secrets from your brothers.” Omega says. “Our brothers. You're with us now Omega, remember that.” You say as you tap her on the shoulder & head on up to the cockpit where you sit yourself down. “We’re coming up on Saleucami.” Tech informs the group as Omega meets up with you again & sits down behind you.

The Marauder lands safely on Saleucami & you & the batch walk off the ship while Omega trails behind & is stunned & curious about what she’s seeing. Omega crouches down onto her knees & moves around the dirt below her. “Wow, what is this?” Omega asks as you all look back at her with a smile. “That would be dirt.” Tech tells her. “It’s amazing!” Omega says letting the dirt run off of her hand, Omega kicks around the dirt & then meets back up with you & the batch.

You all make your way through some crops on the way to where Cut was staying. “So this friend of yours, what’s he doing all the way out here?” Echo asks. “Hiding, that’s what deserters do.” Tech replies. “Staying off the radar is not our speciality but he’s been doing it for years.” Hunter adds. “& you trust a deserter?” Echo asks. “Why not? We're all deserters now.” Tech says as Echo is shocked by what he just heard.

The batch continues on until Hunter stops the group. “What are we looking at?” Omega asks. “A booby trap.” Hunter replies. “Ha, single trip wire, haha, that’s cute.” Wrecker says walking into the booby trap & activating old battle droids that Wrecker destroyed. “Easy Wrecker!” Hunter says. “Oh, was that me?” Wrecker asks as suddenly somewhere appears from the other side of the trap. “Well what do we have here? More clones who have lost their way.” It was Cut & Sue surprised to see them. “It’s been awhile fellas.” Cut says as they walk with them & take them to their house. “I see a few new faces.” Sue says. “Echo, Omega, & Y/N. Cut & Sue.” Hunter tells you all. “Pleased to meet you.” Sue says. “Ma’am.” Echo replies kindly. “Where’s Crosshair?” Cut asks as you sigh. “It’s complicated.” Hunter tells him. “Sounds familiar, Rex told us about the clone troopers turning against the Jedi.” Cut says. “You talked to Rex? When?” Echo asks. “Well he passed through yesterday.” Cut replies. “Where’d he go?” Echo asks. “Didn’t ask, he was going on about some behavioral implant.” Cut replies. “He must mean the inhibitor chip.” Omega adds. “The what?” Hunter asks. “Inhibitor chips, the Kaminoans implanted them in the clones to modify their behavior.” Omega tells him. “Tech, you said the regs were programmed but you never mentioned the chip.” Hunter asks Tech. “How else do you think it worked?” Tech replies as two younger kids run into the house. “Mom, Dad, there’s a ship outside!” One of the kids says. “Jayla! Jack! Remember me?” Wrecker asks the kids. “Uncle Wrecker!” The kids say running up to Wrecker. “Who are you?” One of the kids asked. “Omega.” Omega replies. “We never see other kids around here. Come on.” One of the kids says as Omega looks back at Hunter before heading out to play with them & he nods.