Chapter 4: Parental Guidance

Demetria rolled up to Flo's, where Dash was already waiting with the townsfolk gathered around.

"I win! Looks like you owe me a quart." Dash remarked.

"I don't owe you anything, bub. Since when was this a bet?" Demetria remarked back.

"Eh, I had to try anyway..." Dash admired.

"Now, now, Dash. Don't go and bully your misses – you only get one!" Lightning perked up.

Sally proceeded to bump him with a tire.

"I'll get you back for that." Sally teased.

"Oh no, whatever will I do?" Lightning sarcastically quipped, causing Sally to bump him once again.

"Children, you are." Dash pointed out himself.

Demetria then proceeded to bump him with a tire as well.

"Ow! What was that for?" Dash looked over.

"Eh, I thought it was fun," Demetria smirked at him.

"I am so getting you back later." Dash observed.

"Child, you are." Demetria teased.

"Don't use my joke against me!" Dash quipped.

"Hey, guys – let's focus back on to the point!" Lightning interjected.

"Whoa, where did that come from?" Demetria perked up jokingly.

"Uhh, I'm just getting back to my point?" Lightning looked up, confused.

"That's not what I... Never mind. My bad." Demetria shook her hood.

"Okay, then... Anyway, can we get back onto the topic?" Lightning asked Dash.

"Lightning, maybe save the topic for later..." Dash signaled to Demetria.

"Why?" Lightning asked.

Dash shot him a knowing expression, hinting to him that Demetria wasn't comfortable with the subject matter.

"Come on, this is cathartic for you both!" Lightning whispered quietly to Dash.

"...alright, fine. But just keep it light-hearted." Dash requested.

"Alright..." Lightning sighed.

"Thank you." Dash thanked.

"Are you two okay?" Sally interjected in the background.

"Yeah, we're just finishing now..." Lightning acknowledged.

"Absolutely! Where were we?" Dash confirmed.

Lightning straightened his posture and began speaking aloud again.

"So Dash, how does it feel to reconnect with your parents?" Lightning perked up.

"Oh, it feels good! I'm happy that we're finally reconnected." Dash observed, slightly wary of Demetria's expression.

"That's great to hear, honestly!" Lightning perked up.

"Hey! I just got an idea... We should have a 'parents' day here – get all our parents down to RS." Sally perked up.

"Yeah... that's a great idea! That would surely boost morale here!" the Sheriff agreed.

Demetria averted her gaze from the group for a brief moment as they conferred.

"Uhh, guys... not a good time," Dash advised.

"What?" Sally observed.

Sally looked to Demetria, who was still avoiding her gaze. She tried her hardest not to shed any tears upon hearing those sentiments.