Chapter 32: With One Light...

...until it wasn't...

The conveyor stopped in a complete act of mystery. Demetria and Dash slowly opened their eyes, confused as to why the conveyor wasn't moving. Concurrently, the cremator turned off – saving the Boltarius'.

"What in the Manufacturer?!" Demetria yelled, trying to look up at Nettes.

"Are we in heaven?" Dash asked.

"Red alert! The complex has been breached." A voice echoed over some overhead speakers.

"Damnit!" Nettes yelled.

"That wasn't us..." Rush assured.

Nettes himself then stayed silent as a familiar voice bellowed through the whole complex...

"NETTES!!" the car screamed.

"Backup has arrived!" Cal blurted out.

The scream was so loud that it could have come from right behind Nettes. He slowly turned around to check if that was the case... and there he was.

A suave-looking car held Nettes at gunpoint. He was armed with a long, futuristic-looking weapon, grunting and gritting his teeth aggressively.

Nettes slowly looked up at the car in front of him in sheer horror.

"Who in the Manufacturer are you?" Nettes scoffed.

"The name's Thunderbolt... Agent Jack Thunderbolt." Jack responded.

"Hey, Nettes! I got your little criminal masterminds, too!" Cal called out as he threw Damian and Sven out onto the platform in front of Nettes.

"Thunderbolt? Is that you?" Damian yelled.

"Damian! I thought I told you to secure the perimeter." Nettes barked.

"What perimeter?" Damian asked.

"The perimeter of the whole complex!" Nettes barked once again.

"Oh, right." Damian sighed.

"Idiot." Sven scoffed.

"Yeah... didn't do a very good job of that..." Jack smiled.

"What?! Damian!! You and your partner are so fired..." Nettes said, facing Sven and Damian.

"Why am I the partner now?" Sven scoffed.

"Quiet, you. I'm always the partner." Damian trailed off.

"Shut up! Shut up, you two!" Nettes jumped around.

"Hey, eyes over here!" Jack ordered.

"What the hell do you want? How did you even get in here??" Nettes barked.

"This place was easy. Just a jammer, an intimidating gun, and a strong will." Jack quipped.

"Who are you?" Nettes asked, confused.

"The nightmare you least expect." Jack scowled.

"What are you on about now?" Nettes questioned.

Jack leaned in nice and close to Nettes, making him shake all over. Jack's soft, calm breath began to make the principal shake even more.

"Why don't we find out then, hmm?" Jack hinted.

On cue, Jack triggered a button and began to morph into a rather familiar-looking racer thanks to the wonders of nanotechnology. Nettes couldn't believe his eyes...

"...it... it can't be..." Nettes gasped. He couldn't shut his eyes – not even able to blink – in sheer disbelief.

An extremely battered rust-bucket now stood high over Nettes, looking as though he weathered years of tragedy to get to where he was.