Chapter 26: Unravelling Horror

Meanwhile, back at Finn's headquarters...

"Okay... that's everything we've... anything else?" Holly said, clearly tired.

"I'd honestly take one of every single device you have." Demetria quipped.

"No..." Mater signalled.

"Okay, is that all the gear you need?" Holly asked.

"I think I'm good to go," Demetria said.

"So, run through the checklist; Gatling gun?" Holly asked.

"Check," Demetria said.

"Plasma pulse rifle?" Holly asked.

"Check," Demetria said.

"Road mines?" Holly asked.

"Check," Demetria said.

"Rocket launchers?" Holly asked.

"Jeez, this is overkill. Check." Demetria said.

"You're always better off over-equipped than under-equipped," Finn advised.

"Alright, then I think you're good to go," Holly said.

"Thanks for helping us, Finn and Holly." Mater thanked.

"Yeah, thanks." Demetria echoed.

"Not a problem, honestly. Anything to help some fellow spies." Finn assured.

"Yeah! Heh... yeah..." Demetria sighed.

"What's the matter, Starforce? You seem a bit unsure of yourself." Finn asked.

"I just thought I'd ask one more thing since we're here..." Demetria said.

"But, of course." Finn accepted.

"Mater mentioned something about a crisis that happened a decade or two ago..." Demetria remembered.

Finn and Holly gasped, looking at each other for a brief moment.

"The Allinol crisis?" Holly asked.

"Yeah, that's right," Demetria said.

"Well, what did you want to know?" Finn asked.

"That was the last time I saw my parents," Demetria said.

"I didn't know that." Mater gasped.

"Our apologies, Starforce. We're truly sorry that happened to you." Finn apologized.

"It's fine, it really is... that's partly why Mater and I came to visit you. We're so glad that we actually found you," Demetria admitted.

"Why did you need me? Was it to get back at your parents with gadgets and weapons?" Finn joked.

"No... we've been told by this crime syndicate that they're alive. This whole time since the Allinol crisis, I thought they were dead... that's why we required the gadgets." Demetria admitted.

"So you're going after some people that may or may not have your parents?" Finn asked.

"Yeah, that's the baseline of it," Demetria confirmed.

"Well, there must be something more Holly and I can do for you?" Finn asked.

"With the weapons you've supplied; it's more than enough, McMissile." Demetria thanked.

"I only have one question for you, Starforce," Holly asked.

"What's that?" Demetria perked up.

"Who did you stay with the whole time after?" Holly asked.