Chapter 31: Abandon All Hope, Part 3

Demetria sat in her spot and looked to the ground, Dash still by her side.

"So this is how it ends; just burning to death in a giant oven!" Demetria yelled.

"I believe the correct term would be 'cremator'!" Nettes chimed in.

"You? You're back?" Demetria perked up.

"In the flesh... er... metal." Nettes quipped.

"Nice... real nice." Demetria laughed.

"Shut up. Looks like we have some visitors that'll be joining us today." Nettes hinted.

Nettes signaled some of his henchmen to enter the room. In rolled a few henchmen carrying a few familiar cars...

"It's so good for you all to finally join us!" Nettes introduced.

"Who? What did you do Nettes?!" Demetria asked.

"It appears that your friends have come to your aid. It's a pity that they failed so miserably..." Nettes scowled.

"We're sorry, Demetria!" Sally exclaimed.

"We rolled right into his trap!" Lightning exclaimed.

"We're so sorry!" Mater said.

"No, McQueens... Mater – no!" Demetria cried.

"Not only them..." Nettes said.

"We're sorry too, Demetria." Holly perked up.

"Finn! Holly! No... no..." Demetria sighed.

"Demetria? Who's Demetria?" Finn asked.

"It's Dash Boltarius' wife, you oaf. I cannot believe you didn't see through that." Holly scoffed.

"Why did you help her then, hmm?" Finn asked.

"I thought you'd snap out of it!" Holly snapped.

"Stop fighting! That's how they win! It's how they win..." Dash pleaded weakly.

"Precisely. With you all here, I can have all the fun I want in watching you suffer." Nettes laughed.

"You utter sadist! You utter sadist!"Demetria barked.

"You may cry out all you want, but this is how it's going to end; with you all becoming a part of the scrapyard heap!" Nettes yelled.

-----

Meanwhile, up in the control room...

"Hi-ya!" Cal said as he flung a lemon into a wall.

"You know, you don't have to say all the old fighting movie clichés, right?" Rush said as he swung another lemon into the wall.

"I know, it just makes it so much more satisfying," Cal assured.

"I'm gonna get you, racer! Aagh!" a lemon charged at Rush.

Rush simply moved to the side at the last second, allowing the lemon to charge head-on into the wall.

"You guys suck at this, you know that?" Rush quipped.

"Hey, Rush... catch!" Jim said as he flung a lemon by the tire to Rush.

Rush caught the lemon with ease and proceeded to swing him back to Jim – the two going back and forth.

"This is too much fun!" Rush laughed.

"Yeah! I don't know why we were scared." Jim perked up.

Like clockwork, a henchman entered the control room with a large weapon, setting it down at the entrance.