Chapter 11: Old and New Wounds Alike

Meanwhile, at the LA Penitentiary...

Demetria stared at the picture of her parents fondly for a brief moment. Much like her college days, she gently wept – her tears falling on the picture as she did so.

She looked up to see the fortress that was the LA penitentiary. It was such a cold, dark and foreboding atmosphere – one Demetria didn't want to find herself in at all. Yet, she was drawn there to find out what she could about her parents...

She rolled up to the front gates and was greeted by a litany of security guards.

"Visiting or picking up?" the guard asked.

"Uhh, just visiting," Demetria replied.

"Just in time. The visiting hour began not too long ago." the guard said as he opened the gate to let her in.

"Alright," Demetria said.

As she rolled through the gates, she looked around to witness a slew of inmates in the surrounding courtyards all staring her down.

"Hey there, pretty lady." one of them perked up. Another proceeded to catcall her as well.

"Eugh." she scoffed to herself. "Dash is much classier than these jerks."

She got to the main entrance of the prison and was greeted by another guard.

"Visiting or picking up?" the guard also asked.

"Visiting, please." she sighed.

"Alright, come on through with us..." the guard said, signaling for her to accompany.

As she was escorted to the visiting room, she passed by another slew of inmates all clinging onto the bars of their cells.

"My, my... I think that's the wife of the rookie sensation." one of the inmates perked up.

"What rookie sensation?" another inmate asked.

"You mean Rush LaStringer?" inmate #3 asked.

"No, you idiots – I mean Andy Boltarius." inmate #1 insulted.

"Oh, right. Wow, she's scored with that one!" inmate #2 picked up.

"I really don't know if I should be flattered or insulted right now." she thought to herself.

"Just ignore them. They don't see many cars in these halls any other time of the month, so they use it as an excuse to socialize." the guard admitted.

Demetria witnessed a smaller inmate crying in the corner of his cell, avoiding eye contact.

"It would seem that you're right." Demetria sighed.

Demetria and the escorting guards made it to the visiting room. She was met with yet another guard upon entry.

"Who are you visiting?" the guard asked.

"Oh... Nettes; Helmut Nettes." she confirmed

"Alright, we'll go notify him. Just stay put." the guard pointed out.

The guard went off to grab Nettes while Demetria sat in the waiting area. There was a window to stare into the visiting room – where she could see a couple of interactions happening.

"I wonder where Cal's cousin would be?" she asked herself.

"Demetria Boltarius, he's ready." the guard called out.

"Wow, that was quick..." she thought to herself.

She rolled into the visiting room where she almost instantly recognized Nettes rolling into the room on the other side...