Bonus Chapter 2: Botarius

You're still here? Cool.

Now we're at the juicy part; the big twist /  reveal. This is where the story gets really interesting...

So, if you remember; Dash reveals himself at Nettes' crematorium when he saves everybody. In the original version, the idea was going to be a lot crazier. I originally intended on having Dash reveal himself and telling everyone that he replaced himself as a robot when he came back after his funeral - right from the ending of the last story!

I thought that'd be a crazy twist! There were only a few problems with that...

- Demetria would have been married to a robot.

- She would have made out with that robot. Eugh.

- It would pose an immense trust issue to everyone in his life

So, evidently, that idea was scrapped quite swiftly. In this version, Dash sees Finn McMissile have him build a robot for him (this is just after the part where escapes death from a falling academy). This is so he can simply slip the robot back into the Radiator Springs' folks' clutches. Happy ending, or something...

Enjoy the alternate ending to the story anyway!

-----

"So, Finn. How does this 'morphing robot' work?" Dash asked.

"It's fairly simple, my friend. Just program the vehicle you want it to look like and press this button." Finn said, handing Dash the trigger button.

Dash programmed himself into the device and pressed the button. The husk of a vehicle gradually morphed into a version of himself – an exact lookalike.

"IT'S ALIVE!!" Dash quipped jokingly.

"I am... why?" the robot asked.

"Because I said so!" Dash quipped.

"Well, aren't you a beacon of light?" the robot quipped.

"Wow – that robot even talks like me now." Dash chuckled, a little bit nervously now.

"Of course. It's an exact copy of you. Now, keep that button with you at all times, huh? And DON'T press it again, otherwise, it'll revert." Finn assured.

"Alright, if you say so," Dash answered.

"Hey, where's Demetria?" the robot asked.

"Careful, Bucko. That's my girlfriend you're talking about!" Dash quipped a bit more nervously.

"So, what are you going to call him?" Finn asked.

"I reckon I'll call him... Botarius!" Dash answered.

Finn returned a flat expression, thoroughly unamused.

"Get it? Boltarius? Bot-tarius?!" Dash chuckled to himself.

Botarius chuckled aloud in response.

"See? This guy gets it!" Dash chuckled.

"He really is an exact copy of you. Now, go take him where you need him!" Finn assured.

"I know just the place..." Dash answered.

Suddenly, Dash was receiving an incoming call from one of his racing pals. He answered almost immediately...

"Hey! Did it work? Did you get the robot working?" Cal asked.

"Sure did, Cal. Like clockwork!" Dash confirmed.