Chapter 16: The Journeywoman

Many moons ago...

It was a quaint day at the operating office. Demetria had gotten used to little to no clientele being the doctor for Radiator Springs. Remarkably, it would seem even with Lightning McQueen's reputation didn't garner a lot of visitors since his retirement a few years prior. That didn't concern Demetria in the slightest; it was just another day for her. Since there was nowhere to stay for her, she took shelter in the operating theatre's backroom. She had made it quite the comfortable home for herself, though it was just a single room and a bathroom.

Suddenly, Sally burst into the room.

"Mrs. McQueen? Good morning!" Demetria said, surprised.

"No time to explain, I think the Sheriff just arrested someone." Sally notified.

"Come again?" Demetria asked.

"He's arrested someone!" Sally confirmed.

"Huh? Are you serious?" Demetria asked.

"Yes, I'm serious!" Sally said.

"We haven't had a single tourist in days, let alone a criminal! What's the cause?" Demetria asked.

"Apparently according to the Sheriff, he's escaped a hospital. We'll have to take the perpetrator into traffic court to deal with him." Sally advised.

"Oh, this is crazy!" Demetria chuckled, rather awestruck.

"Get used to it. Things might get a bit crazier from now on." Sally said, exiting the room.

"I hope the Sheriff is alright..." Demetria thought to herself.

All of the sudden... BANG!

The Sheriff made a grand entrance with Mater into the room, dragging the criminal in question.

"Sheriff! You can't just go dragging people in here!" Demetria yelled.

She caught a full glimpse of the car in question; a curvaceous racer sporting an all-grey primer. She'd never seen anything like him in real life before.

"Oh, my manufacturer... he's gorgeous." she thought to herself.

He was turned around by Mater to face the doctor. There, they shared their first gaze.

"Introduce yourself, damnit!" she thought to herself.

"The name's Doctor Dawson – Doctor Demetria Dawson." Demetria said.

The car's jaw hit the floor as he continued staring at her.

"This guy's already obsessed with me, I can tell. Come on, Deme, think..." she thought to herself.

"What's the matter, hot rod? Never seen a lady doctor before?" Demetria quipped.

"A lady doctor? That's some Ricky-level misogyny." she thought to herself.

"She's the car of my dreams." the grey car mumbled.

"Oh, my Manufacturer. Did he just say I was the car of his dreams?!" Demetria thought to herself.

"What was that?" Demetria asked.

"Oh, nothing Dr. Dawson!" the grey car blurted out.

"Dr. Dawson? How cute, he even says it like a pretty racer!" Demetria thought to herself.

Lightning began to mumble to himself too. Concurrently, Sally hit Lightning with a tire.

"Lightning McQueen! Not the time!" Sally said.