Chapter 30: Abandon All Hope, Part 2

Meanwhile, at Radiator Springs...

Rush and Jim sat at Flo's café, grinning and reminiscing about the still-recent academy fall.

"Man, it would've been wild. He surely would have abandoned all hope by then. Having to escape a building whilst it's crumbling above your head? Insane!" Jim chuckled.

"Yeah, I wish I was there, dude. I was too busy being a cocky airhood to care about my best friend." Rush sighed.

"Dude, it's all over. The important thing is that you two made up. It's all good now." Jim comforted.

Suddenly, Cal raced out of Flo's café and screeched in front of the two racers.

"Guys, you're not going to believe what just happened!" Cal blurted out.

"What? Did you get recognized as Cal Weathers and not for 'Strip Weathers' son'?" Rush quipped.

"What? No!" Cal said.

"Heh, I had to ask." Rush sniggered.

"No, this is way worse. They've captured Demetria." Cal advised.

Jim spat out a bunch of his quart of oil all over the ground.

"Who has?" Jim asked.

"Nettes and his henchmen!" Cal advised.

Rush then spat out oil a bunch of his own quart all over the ground.

"Nettes? Isn't he in jail?!" Rush exclaimed.

"It would appear not," Cal confirmed.

"Well, we gotta go save them!" Jim blurted out.

"How the hell are we going to do that? Where do we even begin to look?" Rush asked.

"Well, from what I've heard around, all of these happenings have been taking place in Florida. That's our first lead." Cal advised.

"Happenings? What do you mean?" Rush asked.

"Demetria gets clues to meet in Florida not once, but three times? Sounds fishy to me, there has to be something more to it." Cal reckoned.

"Yeah, but how did you get all this information? Dash has been missing for days." Rush disputed.

"Well, from what I've been told; he's been captured with Demetria," Cal mentioned.

"What?! We have to go save them now." Rush blurted out.

"Hey, guys..." Jim said.

"Luckily, I have some backup," Cal said.

"Who?" Rush asked.

"Let's just say it's an old friend of ours," Cal confirmed.

"GUYS!" Jim barked.

"What?!" Rush and Cal retorted.

"Haven't you noticed that half the town went missing like a day or so ago?" Jim notified.

"...huh?" Cal asked, confused.

"Typical. We come and visit the town and they're all gone?" Rush quipped.

"We're like the only ones even out here at the moment! Do you think the rest of them went to Florida too?" Jim advised.

"You know, you could be onto something," Cal said.

"You lugnut, he's right. I'm fairly sure they'd be in Florida, too. Where else would they be?" Rush blurted out.