Chapter 35: Tell Me Your Stories and Anecdotes

"Alright. So, after you ditched me..." Dash said.

"Can we not say that? Ditched makes it feel rather uncomfortable." Demetria said.

"In order to understand the turmoil – there are no holds barred." Dash reminded.

"Fine. Continue." Demetria allowed.

"After our little altercation, I did indeed get kidnapped. However, those who kidnapped me were easily manipulable and aided my escape." Dash admitted.

"Wait, they aided in your escape?" Demetria asked, somewhat astounded.

"That they did," Dash confirmed, smiling.

"Why did I not know this sooner?" Demetria asked.

"Because you were busy going after your parents." Dash reminded.

"...ah, right." Demetria realized.

"Back to the point; I had escaped from the kidnappers and hit the road." Dash digressed.

"Where to?" Demetria asked.

"Straight to the one place where I could find nanotech..." Dash said.

"McMissile?" Demetria guessed.

"The very same. It wasn't easy finding McMissile – especially considering that I had no idea where I was for most of that time." Dash confirmed.

"How did you end up finding him?" Demetria asked.

"Pure luck..." Dash admitted.

-----

Some time ago...

Dash sat still at a café in Florida – not a clue as to where exactly, however. He sat in his spot, staring at his freshly-made quart.

"That darned wife. I sacrifice myself and she just ditches me. Do I even need her anymore?" Dash scoffed.

Dash stared at his quart as though he was talking to it.

"Maybe I should get rid of the golden numberplate. I don't even know if we're married. Maybe it's for the best..." Dash said.

The inanimate quart shared no response with him.

"You know, you're a really good listener. I wish I found you sooner." Dash said.

Again, the quart shared no response.

"Excuse me..." a familiar voice said.

Dash snapped back to reality and looked around frantically...

"I swear I recognize that voice." Dash's ears perked up.

"Just two quarts to go, please." The familiar car said.

"Oh, by the Manufacturer... it's Finn McMissile. This could not be more perfect." Dash gasped.

Dash left his seat and quart behind and rolled up to Finn and his associate in the lineup...

"A Volkswagen Karman Ghia has no radiator..." Dash began talking suddenly.

"What in the hell?" Finn jumped back.

"My apologies, sir. My name is agent... Thunder. Jack Thunder." Dash quipped.

"Thunder, eh? Never heard of you. Buzz off." Finn scoffed.

"Sir, this is of the highest importance – it involves... Tow Mater." Dash said.

"Tow Mater... what's this got to do with him?" Finn asked.