Kaksikymmentäkaksi; An old memory

"Deal with the old before opening up the new"
22

🦚

⚠️ blood, weapons, mentions of death, threats of death ⚠️

Belvedere swears under his breath, a guard approaching them by the gate. He holds onto the ropes of his horse, silently staring out into the dark night. The animal seems restless, and he doesn't blame it. It's Belvedere first time on a horse in two years, and last time he tried riding, it didn't go very well.

But now, he must get his act together.

Yugo is right in front of him, on his own horse. Belvedere admires him from the back, his broad shoulders looking great in his new and changed black traditional uniform. A mask covers most of Yugo's face, and it's a shame. He looks really good, way better than the emperor, and way better than any man he has ever seen before. The guard's slightly longer black hair is tied up into a small ponytail, and it really makes him look even more attractive.

But Belvedere stops his thoughts. He needs to grow up, needs to get his act together. After getting into this mess, looking pretty and feigning innocence will no longer do him any favors. He'll have to show some skill too.

The guard that approaches them has angry, cold eyes. The sword in his belt is the same kind that Yugo has. Belvedere continues to stare forwards while they are being inspected. In front of him, the gates to the palace stand as a wall against the outside. Above them, the night sky is free of clouds, and a harsh cold has laid itself over the capitals hills. It'll feel great to get out of here. Amazing actually. Amazing to never have to face the emperor ever again, face the man that has laid an ugly scar right over his face.

The scar that is now covered with a light blue fabric, looking pretty and neat against his light blue traditional gown. The guard eyes him up and down, suspicious. F*cking bastard.

"Nobody is allowed to leave at night, return right away"

Belvedere rolls his eyes. Yugo turns back to him, waiting for an order. Even though he looks calm, his eyes glimmer with a hint of nervousness and panic.

"You dare stop me, guard? What's your name?"

Belvedere speaks clearly and confidently, a dangerous and angry look in his eye as he stares into the man's soul. The guards by the gate grow nervous.

"Please turn back around sir. Nobody is allowed to enter or exit the palac-"

"You dare defy the emperors orders? Do you mean to say that the messages for today's exceptions haven't been read properly? I shall have the emperor behead you for such lousy work!"

Even Yugo shivers. The guard is immediately panicking. He bows his head deeply with shaking hands. Belvedere isn't done though.

"Or maybe I should have my guard behead you right away?!"

Yugo throws a glance at his direction but doesn't say anything. Then he draws out his sword, just a little bit, and the guard flinches at the sound. He starts shaking even more.

"I'll do whatever you command, sir"

Yugo deadpans. The man panics.