Kaksikymmentäkolme; Thunder

"Glaring scars, glaring people"
23

🦚

⚠️ blood, death, murder, stabbing, wounds, violence, mentions of death, mentions of bruises and violence ⚠️

The city looks gloomy.

Fei is taking a walk, away from the rest of the army stationed outside the city. They are too many now, so they won't fit in one of the houses. They won't even fit in all of the houses. The population of this city is smaller than the population of their army.

To be completely honest, Fei doesn't remember the name of this town either. It's just some smaller place, one day away from the capital. That's how close they are now, and not a single army has met them on the way. Unless you count the few hundred local soldiers they have eradicated while making their way through the gold clan. It's a little suspicious, how easy it's been. Fei expected all of them to be near dead by this point.

But she has a lot of things on her mind. They are only a day away from the battle ahead, and if she doesn't end up dying, she'll have a whole life ahead of her. What will she do with it? That's a big decision to make. Being around Thyra and Andra isn't helping. They will eventually convince her to make a decision that she doesn't want to make, not yet. She is undecided and attractive girls are a distraction.

This city is made up of low wooden houses neatly placed after one another, just like all other cities. Along the road, merchants try their best to sell their products, and beggars try to earn just a little bit of money. Fei ignores them all, and continues walking. For any other girl her age it would be dangerous to be alone, but she is no longer a small young girl. That was what she was three hundred years ago. Now she's a goddess, in humans clothing.

One merchant smiles at her directly when she passes. Fei glances down at what she is selling. Pretty hair decorations, like sticks, pins, diamonds, jewelry and pearls. Fei's eyes glimmer. She has always liked pretty things, especially since she never got to experience them in her past life. She stops in front of the stand and admires the jewelry. As her eyes wander over to the pearls, voices around the corner nearby start to invade her ears.

"We have to make it quick, tonight"

Fei happily picks up a fancy, blue pearl, wondering how it managed to get such a nice color. She pays no mind to the voices.

"Obviously the princess will be thoroughly guarded, so we can't just waltz in there..."

Fei perks up at the mention of the princess. She frowns, but keeps looking at another pearl, this time in a yellow color. Do they color them or do they naturally come this way? She traces the smooth item with her fingers while the merchant smiles at her.

"Don't worry brother, I'm the best archer in town. All I have to do is get close enough, and boom! She's dead, and we have all the money in our hands"

Fei drops the pearl, and it falls back into its basket. She smiles up at the shop owner, fists clenched.

"Do you have any of those large hairpins? Sharp?"

The merchant frowns. She looks through her supply of large hairpins. They are beautiful. Blue and pink, green and yellow ones. They are all custom made, from the most smooth metal with golden decorations. Finally, she picks up a sharp one, and hands it to Fei.