Chapter 2

Mia POV

I was trying to sleep when I started shaking. I decided to open my eyes when I come in contact with this nice looking lady. She had green eyes and a curly black hair.

"Oh my! Good you are awake!" She says as she is looking at her phone.

"What are you doing out here? Where are your parents?" She looks at me expectantly. Unfortunately, for her I get nervous around new people. So, I could not answer.

"I am sorry, sweetie. Are you lost?" She asks but with a softer voice

All I can do is nod my head.

"What is your name? My name is Lydia."

"Um.. M-m-mia."

"Nice to meet you Mia. How about I help you find your parents?" Lya asks with a smile. I just stay nod my head once again.

"Okay. Not much of a talker, huh?"

She reaches for me but I scoot back. She notices and tries again, but softly telling me that everything will be okay and she is here to help. I have nothing else to lose so. I let her pick me up.

"Wow. You're a light thing, huh. How old are you?"

I just hold up five fingers while I shyly put my head in her neck getting tired once again.

"Ah I see. You look sleepy. Go to sleep. Do not worry."

So I do.

Lydia POV

I was walking back from a mission when just happened to stumble upon a little girl. She looked about 3 years old. I decided to see if she was alive and shake her. Luckily, she was; however, she was pretty small and shy. I started asking her questions when I got a message from my boss asking where I was. I sent them a text that I'm on my way back and took a detour.

I finally get her to trust me and find out that she is in fact 5 years old. I decide to take her back to my place as I see she has injuries from wherever she came from. Once I get back to my apartment, I set her down in my bed and get a rag to start cleaning her off.

She is so small. I finally get her patched up and decided to change her. Unfortunately, I do not have anything that will fit her. So I just put her in one of my tanks and let her rest.

I decide to call my boss. On the second ring she picks up.

"Lydia, where are you?"

"Sorry, I ran into a complication on my way back and need to sort it out first. Has nothing to do with the mission, but I need a few days off if that is okay?"

"What is the complication? "

"Well, I found a small girl on my way back in an alley and I want to help her. She reminds me of someone, but I cannot figure out who. So, I am going to take her to one of my friends in the police department to see if I can find anything on her family."

"Well, that is nice of you. I suppose you can have a few days off, but we are under some tight circumstances right now so I do not know if I can actually let you off. I'll call you if there is an emergency."

"Okay, thanks."

"Yeah. I got to go. Bye"

And just like that she hangs up. I go back to my room to see if Mia is awake and she is not. So, I decide to take a quick shower and then get some food. Once I am out of the shower, Mia is still sleeping so I head to the kitchen to make her some food and call my friend from the police station.

"Hello. Officer Roger"

"What's up loser. I need help."

"Lydia, I told you that I cannot bail you out every time you continue to break the law."

"Oh shh. I am not calling about that. I found a girl in an alley way and wanted to see if you could help me find anything about her past. She is pretty beat up and is laying in my bed sleeping right now"

"What!? Why did you not bring her to the hospital? Where did you find her? Why were you in an alley?"

"One, I was pretty indisposed of to take her to a hospital. Two, I already told you in an alley. Third, it does not matter. Can you help me?"

"Yes, can you come in tomorrow morning?"

"Yes, bye!" And just like that I ended the call. I went back into my room to wake up Mia so she can have something to eat. All I got was oatmeal with some fruit. I start shaking her up again.

"Hey, I thought you might be hungry. Here is some oatmeal and fruit." She stares intensely at the food before she gives in. I stare at the clock and it is a quarter after four. About 10 minutes later she hands me back the bowl with only a quarter of it gone. I raise my eyebrows at that and look at her. And she just shrugs and falls back asleep. Which I do not blame her for must've been a long night. I decide to follow in her steps and sleep as well.

---

Hoped you liked it!

Any suggestions or comments?

Remember to vote and comment

I am not quite sure if I will have schedule just because it depends on my mood, but I do have some chapter ready. I just need to figure out when I want to publish them

Until next time...