Chapter 28

Francesco POV

Mia has been struggling a lot today with being separated from me and/or her brothers. Maria and I knew that having the family leave would have some consequences we just did not realize the extent. 

Luckily, I was able to cancel the rest of my day so I could be with Mia. Right now she is taking her daily nap. I did not want to leave her so I had Enzo bring me my laptop so I could do some work while she slept. While I was finishing up the movie because Mia fell asleep, he told me that he called Maria and that she is bringing Lydia. 

I am excited to see Lydia. When Maria first brought Lydia home, I was little apprehensive because of the possibility of her being a threat to my family. Luckily, she proved me wrong and has been a part of family ever since. I was nervous for her when she told us she wanted to go into the academy. I admit my worries were because of her sex, but soon realized my wrongs after a long lecture from my wife. 

 Lydia excelled in the academy. I knew she would be capable but the world we live in is not the nicest to females. Hence her assassin name being male origin. She does well with humbling my so cocky sons as well. I am hoping one day she will officially become part of the family through one of them since she did not want us to adopt her. 

I think this will also be good for Mia. She has not had that much female contact outside of our family. Plus, she has asked about Lya here and there since we have been home, but we have not gotten the chance to look into who that is. 

I was about to message my son to ask when Maria will be back, but Mia started to wake up. 

"S-stop. I-i d-didn't to..." Mia started muttering

I knew instantly that she was having a flashback. I started to gently shake her awake but it just got worse and louder. 

"I bad girl. B-bad g-girl p-punished " She continued to say while I tried waking her. 

Soon she started to scream which got the attention of the three musketeers and they soon came into the room asking what was happening. Maria entered right behind them shoving through to get to Mia. 

Mia soon woke gasping for air and looking around terrified. The boys were getting angsty which was helping so Maria kicked them out until we could calm down Mia. 

"Mia, princesa. You are okay." Maria says while holding her. 

She starts to calm down as she inhales her mother's scent. Soon, she looked up and saw me. She does grabby hands to me so I take her. 

"What am I chopped liver?" I hear Maria mutter but continues to kiss Mia. 

"What can I say? She is her father's daughter." I whisper to Maria while rubbing circles on Mia's back. Maria just gives me an eye roll and I chuckle. 

We decide to head out to reassure the boys that Mia is fine and to our surprise Lydia is standing there scolding them. Never gets old. 

Maria started introducing Mia to Maria once she saw Lydia, but it looked like they were already aquatinted as Mia jumped into Lydia's arms screaming the name we heard here and there Lya. 

We head downstairs and learned that Lydia was the person to drop Mia off with Officer Roger and took care of her. Forever grateful that Lydia is a part of the family. 

After that announcement, Lydia and Mia went off to play to help as we took in all the information. 

"Well, it looks like we didn't have to do any work to find Lya." Enzo said trying to diffuse the tension in the room. 

"Shut up, lazy ass." Vince replied to his twin rolling his eyes. 

"Hey, don't take your jealousy out on me." Enzo replied back.