Chapter 10

Maria POV

I just got some food from the cafeteria. It was not the best, but it will do. I think I will get order some food from somewhere else for my husband and children later. I remember Mia telling me she loved having chicken tenders with buffalo sauce. I was surprised by her choice of sauce, but she said it was a one of her friend's favorite sauce as well.

Mia, she is so sweet. She was a bit shy, but I think she was able to warm up to me eventually. I cannot wait until I find the bastard that hurt her. They will pay. I am nervous for my husband and children to arrive though.

We have been waiting for her to come back to us since she was taken and we have fond memories of her and how she acted even though she was barely one years old. I nervous that Mia will not be the same or what I thought she would be although from my brief interaction I can tell that she is surpassing my expectations greatly after hearing here past.

I wish she did not have to go through trauma that got her here. She should've been with the family where we would have raised her as a princess and not having to deal with the cruel world just yet. But we cannot go back to the past, we can only continue with the present and hope for the best in the future.

I decided to go to the gift shop to see if there is anything that catches my eye for Mia. I look around and I see a few stuffed animals, but before I could choose I got a text from husband saying that they are here.

Breathe.

I meet him at the front and he and my sons still look in some kind of daze. I cannot blame them. I see Fran looking around and then our eyes meet. And he runs over to me. My boys shortly follow.

Francesco POV

We finally arrived to the hospital. We sat in the car for an hour in silence. After I told my boys what happened I think they all needed time to digest what I said. Hell, I needed time too. I still need more time if I am to be frank, but I know I need to meet my daughter and my sons their sister.

Once we get to the hospital, I text my wife that we are here. We go to the front of the hospital and I see Tony going to the front desk most likely asking for the room of my daughter. I just look around trying to find my wife. Once I do, I run over to her and I hear my boys following after.

"She's alive? How?" is the first thing I say after I reach my wife.

"She is, come on let's go to her floor and discuss some things before you meet her" my wife replies with a small smile.

She leads us through the hospital and when we reach the floor, I realize its a specialized floor for children who have experienced heavy amount of trauma. How do I know you may be wondering? Well, its oddly quiet for a children's floor and throughout the floor there are many security guards. But they are not wearing the usual outfit, they are wearing normal clothes that looks comforting for the children, but make no mistake they still have their weapons on them for safety.

Even though it is quiet, there is still soft music playing throughout the floor. The floor is decorated very friendly and there are signs asking visitors to not make any loud noises or any altercations for the health and wellbeing of the patients.

All I can think about is what happened to her that got her here. My wife continues to leads us to this wait room I think.

"I know you guys have plenty of questions and I will answer them, but before I do I want to give a warning. If haven't noticed, but this floor is a special floor for children who have experienced trauma and need extra care do to it. So, for Mia and any other patients if you need to have an outburst you will need to leave this floor. Si?" my wife says with a look that dares you to defy her.